4.0 RC

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Brother Mike

4.0 RC

Post by Brother Mike »

Hi Brother Tim,

I have been working with 4.0 RC and it is great. I do have a thought, although it is more of an aesthetic thing than function, but just thought I would bring it up.

When using TSKe as in the reference pane, it would be nice to be able to turn off the TSKe from the commentary pane.

Just a thought.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: 4.0 RC

Post by Tim »

You can make another cmt the default in Preferences so the TSK(e) won't display in both places. There will still be a TSKe tab in the Comments window, but it won't be displayed by default.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Yep, that is an option and I kind-a just ran into it when I changed my default commentary.

Thanks
Bro. Mike

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Hey Bro. Tim

I have been using BA 4.0 RC and I have not run into any issues yet. I have added some new modules from your store, and all seems quite stable. Any particular features you need tested?. I am using Windows 7. Keep up the good work bringing glory to our Lord through this program.

God bless
Bro. Mike

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks for testing it, Brother. Also, the modules on your CD should all work with v4. Just copy them over.

I have found a couple things that need fixed plus I have added a couple things.

1. A button on the Dct and Cmt windows that allows the default module to be turned off. That is if you want to stay in the current Dct or Cmt on a click action instead of jumping to the default, just toggle the button.
2. Added a pin button to the Master Control Panel, Preferences, etc. so the tabs can be hidden. Makes it easier to see the book titles.
3. Worked on the module creation tools some.
4. Been making some more modules.

Have you tried the Parallel generator much? Does it seem to work as expected? I working on some more .pll modules.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

All of your improvements sound good.

I will work more with the parallel generator

Bro.Mike

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Tim wrote:Thanks for testing it, Brother. Also, the modules on your CD should all work with v4. Just copy them over.
Yes, the modules from the CD work fine. I was just wondering if the new content in your bundles were enough to justify buying them. I did. I pretty much updated all I had and added the pulpit cpommentary. The cost was reasonable :P

Thanks again for all you do!

Bro. Mike

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Glad you found them of value.

I'm working on a new exclusive module (at least for now), The Handbook of Bible Manners and Customs by Freeman. It is old but pretty good and has around 175 illustrations. I have the illustrations ready and the text laid out, now the tedious proofing. As good as some OCRs are, they just can't get everything. Some places are pretty messed up. It is nothing like the Companion Bible was though. That was an absolute nightmare.

Also have converted and compiled some stuff I have found into modules. Such as J C Ryle'c comments on the gospels. Made G C. Morgan's discourses into a commentary. Also, MacClaren's. More books from Pink, Chafer, Bullinger, and the like, and some other things.
Tim Morton

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

What are the differences in the dictionary modules that have a prefix -d -s -z, etc and those that don't. I had to rename some of the prefix ones after I downloaded the fee based bundles. I seem to have some issues with them and the portable programs. Will test further

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The prefix is only there to alphabetically group modules of a certain type together. d = dictionary; s = Strong's; etc. That way the tabs are grouped.
Tim Morton