Testing BA 4.0

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
hamdo

Testing BA 4.0

Post by hamdo »

Since I have BA 3.9 working on my linux box, I decided to try BA 4.0 beta on the windows box resulting in the next result:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "analyzer4.py", line 5, in <module>
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in <module>
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in <module>
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

This is what the bibleanalizer.exe.log has. And so BA 4.0 did not load.

System is Windows XP Pro SP2, 1Gb Memory, 2.24 Ghz Pentium 4.
Had never installed any BA version in it before.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Testing BA 4.0

Post by Tim »

I think that's a dll issue. XP needs MSVCP71.dll besides MSVCR71.dll which is included.

You should be able to find it online. If you can't let me know. Just put it in the Bible Analyzer folder.

I will distribute both with the official release.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

hamdo

Post by hamdo »

Thank you, after downloading the file into the folder it is working. And now for the real testing :)

hamdo

Post by hamdo »

For those who are interested in testing BA 4.0 RC in a linux system. Managed to get it working by copying the folder installed on the xp machine unto my linux computer, and using wine to run it. The screen seems to hang at the beginning, but it turns out that there is a window behind the welcome screen of BA, i was able to see the outline of this window, it was a warning that the TTS(text to speech) engine was not installed, which is something that is not working currently in wine anyway and also not essential for testing BA 4, so for the program to finish loading you need to press ctrl+c for cancel. And then exit using the menu. Next time you load it won't hang, and if it does just ctrl+c again.

If you doing try this (which i recommend since BA4 is looking gooood, extra o'es intended) don't forget to download the dll that Tim said it needs to be in the folder which is the MSVCP71.dll, just google it.

As for testing it goes, I have tried it in Ubuntu 10.04 and also Fedora 13 using wine and it runs fine on both. Wine version is 1.1.42

Happy testing.

hamdo

Post by hamdo »

Hello Again, using the same post so not to clutter the forum.

I have noticed that when you change between full screen and segmented? screen the highlighted verse will not be centered on the bible window. The same when you advance a verse or go back a verse. I seem to remember this happend in version 3.9 that the verse highlighted would be centered. If this not supposed to work like this please ignore this post ;)

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I just made some changes to the code to cause the highlighted verse to scroll into view on maximize/restore and on sash movement.

Only the Bible window will scroll. At present there is no way to determine the position of the other windows (Dct, Cmt, etc.)

May have an updated RC in a day or two.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

hamdo

Post by hamdo »

Hello again, been awhile since I posted :) not that i am looking forward to post bugs.

Anyway, this is how i managed to get the program to crash on me.

Closed the program while on paralel view, had the AV ASV RV-1865 RVG bibles installed only.
Loaded the program again, press on the next verse button and it stops working, has to close it and then start it to get it to work.

it is really minor and i shouldnt be pressing the next verse button on the parallel bible windows, but i actually wanted to press the next chapter one so, thats how i always how i manage to get my software do things it shouldnt.

Thank you Tim for your work and may the Lord help you with all you are doing.

J.N.Mouthaan

Post by J.N.Mouthaan »

Hi Tim,

Searching in the bookviewer don't work properly. When I search in a Greek book, I receive proper results but when I click on one item in the resultlist, the text in the bookviewer don't go to the first location. I think this is due to the Greek characters because with numbers or latin characters it works fine. By the way, I see no function to search further after the first result (f.e. "next"). Can you resolve this problems?
As for Me and My Mouse, We Will Serve the Lord.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I am making several refinements to the Greek/Heb text display and such. I will look into this.

Thanks
Tim Morton