Runtime error after upgrade on Win 10

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
AllyBB

Runtime error after upgrade on Win 10

Post by AllyBB »

I use a portable installation of BA under Windows 10. I haven't had any previous issues till my recent update.

I've just upgraded to the latest version and now have a Microsoft Visual C++ Library runtime error on start up.

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I get this dialog three times. Then I either get a dialog pointing me to the BA log file (which doesn't exist) and BA doesn't load, or the programme loads and seems to work normally?

ta

Ally

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Runtime error after upgrade on Win 10

Post by Tim »

Try installing this Microsoft Visual Studio runtime file and see if it helps,
https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x86.exe
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

AllyBB

Post by AllyBB »

Hi Tim,

I installed the MVS runtime files as suggested but not much changed. I reinstalled the portable version and tried again. Four of those error dialogs and then nothing. So on a whim I installed the 'normal' version of BA - three error dialogues and then up comes BA. Life's rich tapestry I guess.

ta

Ally

AllyBB

Post by AllyBB »

Sorry Tim - what I omitted to say was, thanks for all your hard work in making BA. I started on Bible Works and though I have some Logos and Accordance stuff I miss the instant on and simple interface of BW. So I'm moving over to BA for those two great strengths.
Thanks for all your efforts.

Ally