Fatal: Failed to find web view emulation level in the registry

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
epement

Fatal: Failed to find web view emulation level in the registry

Post by epement »

I am running Bible Analyzer for Windows v5.5 under Linux Mint 20.3, using Crossover v23.7.1. When it begin, it emits this warning message. After this error message, Bible Analyzer does not load or run.
Fatal warning 2023-12-12.png
Fatal warning 2023-12-12.png (55.81 KiB) Viewed 22817 times
This link provided some explanation of the error message:
https://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic. ... 81#p193181

This message explains, "This popup comes for both MSWSetEmulationLevel and MSWSetModernEmulationLevel.
The registry item where wxWidgets is looking for does not exist under Windows 10: Its not in CURRENT_USER but in LOCAL_MACHINE. "

I don't think that the warning message should cause BA to exit. Any ideas? I can try to install a new "bottle" under CrossOver, but if anyone has specific experience, I would like to hear from them.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Fatal: Failed to find web view emulation level in the registry

Post by Tim »

That shouldn't stop Bible Analyzer from running but it is not Bible Analyzer code that's doing it. BA does try to set the emulation level but it must be the underlying OS that is not allowing it and shutting down.

I have never used Crossover or Wine so I am of little help. v5.4 should run natively on Mint 20.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)