Bible Analyzer 3.9 Linux beta

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
Tim
Site Admin

Re: Bible Analyzer 3.9 Linux beta

Post by Tim »

Try the .deb in the post above and see if it will work for you.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

M-Paul

Post by M-Paul »

I installed the software from the .deb file, but it would not open. I uninstalled from the package manager, and installed. Still would not open. I uninstalled, moved the BA folder to the Trash, and installed. Still would not open. I restared the computer -- didn't help. On opening the BA folder, it has a quotes.txt, and a Modules Folder with seven folders. I moved the config.ini file from the Trash to the BA folder. Didn't change anything. I put the .ini file back in the Trash.

I hope I'm not making this difficult for you.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Did you try to open in Terminal as described above? It should give you an error message.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

M-Paul

Post by M-Paul »

Here it is -- I changed name of user.

************ Starting Bible Analyzer *************
/home/(nameofuser/.bibleanalyzer/Modules/ Path
/home/nameofuser/.bibleanalyzer/Modules/
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/bibleanalyzer/analyzer3.py", line 12, in <module>
import controlMini
File "/usr/share/bibleanalyzer/controlMini.py", line 2, in <module>
import normSearch, stats, compareDiff, fixRef, advSearch, contextMenu, kjd, games, library, audioPlayer, related, utility
File "/usr/share/bibleanalyzer/library.py", line 1, in <module>
import os, re, wx, controlMini, utility, images, tools.bookConvert
ImportError: No module named tools.bookConvert

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I though I fixed that, but don't guess it is.

Go to
usr/share/bibleanalyzer/Tools

and rename the Tools folder to

usr/share/bibleanalyzer/tools
Tim Morton

paeuk

Post by paeuk »

Hi Tim,

Was able to successfully install the .deb over the top of the 3.9 manual upgrade.

I'm using the Module files from when I purchased the package from you (I think last year), and have noticed since using Ver 3.9 that the AVs Bible only shows the Strongs reference in the text within square bracket, for example [3056], there is no H for the Hebrew numbers and no G for the Greek. Hence when selecting the Strong's number it doesn't successfully search the appropriate dictionaries and locate the number. This was okay before with 3.7

Is this because the version of the Modules I will be using needs updating to run within 3.9 correctly? Is there a tool I can use since the conversion tool in BA only seems to relate to .htm extension files.

Thanks
Paul

M-Paul

Post by M-Paul »

Tim wrote: Go to
usr/share/bibleanalyzer/Tools
Tim, would you believe I have no idea what this means? So, after looking at the computer for awhile, this is what I tried. I went to Places - Computer - File System - usr - share. And clicking on share brought up all kinds of program files. I clicked Bibleanalyzer, and again I got all kinds of files, but one was a folder called Tools. I right clicked. The rename option was greyed out. I don't think I am allowed to rename this folder. (Inside the Tools folder is one called modTools.py. So I hope that was to have a capital "T").

At any rate -- did I guess wrong? How do I go to usr/share/bibleanalyzer/Tools?? If I guessed right, how do I get that folder to cooperate? It doesn't want to change its name.

Paul

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Here are the new AV w/Strong's and Strong's Dct to test with.
http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/files/strongs+.zip
Tim Morton

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

You have to be a sudo (super) user to be able to edit the system or protected files or folders. You are at the right folder.

DO a quick search on the web of how to edit protected files and folders. You can use Terminal to do it (you have to enter your admin password). Just rename the one Tools folder. If you can't get it, I may have a fixed .deb up tomorrow.
Tim Morton

paeuk

Post by paeuk »

Tim wrote:Here are the new AV w/Strong's and Strong's Dct to test with.
Thanks Tim, AVs works well now.

I have some additional feedback. If I have the Dictionary Popup enabled (click on Strongs number and get a popup window) there is a selection field at the top of the window. It has left and right arrows on the outside and internal scroll arrows on the right side of the box. The field however is empty. If I select a word which cannot be found in the popup dictionary then that field doesn't see to do anything - is it meant to contain the full index of the dictionary and enable scrolling through?

Thanks
Paul