Greek font corrupted in NET notes in Commentary Window

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
2mc

Greek font corrupted in NET notes in Commentary Window

Post by 2mc »

Tim,

Follow these steps to see the issue:
1. Go to Ephesians 5 and highlight verse 30.
2. Hover your mouse over the footnote at the end of the verse.
3. Notice that the Greek font in the "tool tip" popup is correct.
4. Click on the footnote and then look at the same note content in the Commentary Window.
5. You will see that the Greek font is corrupted.

This problem may appear elsewhere; I'm just reporting what I have found.

Again, thanks for a very GREAT product. I have spent a lot of money on a lot of different Bible programs, and even with these few issues I'm finding, I have a much better experience searching the Bible and the resources you have compiled than I have had with other programs. So, please keep in my appreciation in mind as I report issues. I'm very grateful, not critical.

Matt

epement

Re: Greek font corrupted in NET notes in Commentary Window

Post by epement »

Hello Matt. I don't see a corrupt font. Are you sure that you have the correct fonts installed? I do see some errors, but they seem to be of different types.
(1) I drew boxes around the b' which precedes some Greek text.
(2) The letter i with a diaresis should be Gothic black letter M (indicating the Majority text).
(3) The transliteration is not correct. Should be "ek tes sarkos autou kai ek ton osteon autou". The problem occurs with diacritical characters, which require a macron, and the trailing sigma, which is a different character than a medial sigma. Trailing sigma and medial sigma are the same letter, but they use a different glyph. (If this is TMI, let me know.)

I am using Bible Analyzer v5.4.0.50 on Linux Mint v20.3. Does this match what you are seeing?
Sample_error.jpg
Sample_error.jpg (234.85 KiB) Viewed 4532 times
@Tim, if there is any way I can be of service in remedying this issue, please let me know. I read Greek and Hebrew, I have the NET Bible, I understand typesetting and typography, and I also have background in web development and programming. I would like to help fix any errors if I can.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5