Typo in Berean Study Bible

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
2mc

Re: Typo in Berean Study Bible

Post by 2mc »

I'm sorry, Tim. There isn't a problem. Let me explain how I was fooled:

1. I was looking at Matthew 10:35.
2. I had 'Paragraphs' on, using the NASB paragraphs.
3. I had originally seen--back before you fixed it--the erroneous "...to turn'A man...."
4. I now see it correctly with the space added: "...to turn 'A man..."
5. Because I was in the mindset from the previous error, I failed to see that this is a quote from Micah. Therefore, I thought that "...'A..." was still an error.
6. Compounding the issue was the fact that I had it in paragraph mode and verse 36 was a continuation of the quote. So, I would have expected that the second line of the quote would continue the paragraph, just as it does in Micah.
7. But, the second line of the quote began a new paragraph. This caused the matching single-quote to be moved to the following so-called paragraph, which violates English rules.

All of the above caused me to think that the problem was not fixed. I apologize for the mistaken bug report.

I find it interesting that of all the paragraph methodologies you use [Geneva, AV, NASB, & WEB], only the WEB version gets the paragraph right in this case. I'm very surprised the NASB got that wrong.

The bottom line is that it is all fixed. Thank you. And, again, I apologize for the mistaken bug report.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I have made two new editions of the BSB, now called the Berean Standard Bible.

The normal edition with footnotes and an edition with Strong's numbers.

Both are available via the Download Manager.

Let me know if there are any more issues.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

2mc

Post by 2mc »

Tim,

I downloaded the new BSBs. And, it corrected the capital "A" issue.

Thank you very much!!!!

Matt

JPG

Post by JPG »

Tim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:10 am
I have made two new editions of the BSB, now called the Berean Standard Bible.

The normal edition with footnotes and an edition with Strong's numbers.

Both are available via the Download Manager.

Let me know if there are any more issues.
Tim, there are many concatenated words. The easiest way to spot them is with a simple regex [a-z][A-Z]

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

JPG wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:07 am
there are many concatenated words.
Thanks for seeing them. My eyes glaze over after a while dealing with these texts. I fixed those in the Strong's edition. Couldn't find any in the regular BSB.

Just redownload from the Download Manager to update.

Thanks, Jon.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)