Errors in the Exhaustive Library of Bible People, 2013

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
doughead

Errors in the Exhaustive Library of Bible People, 2013

Post by doughead »

When looking up John Mark (a.k.a. Marcus) in the Exhaustive Library of Bible People (ExLBP, entry number 1678), imagine my surprise when it showed 5 Old Testament passages where his name showed up. Those passages were 2 Samuel 13:28, Job 21:5, Job 33:31, Psalms 37:37, and Psalms 48:13. In all five of those Old Testament instances, the word "Mark" was a verb occurring at the beginning of a quotation, as in "Mark my words," not a personal name.

Another issue, while not technically an error, is the way the ExLBP shows "Occurrences in the Authorized Version." In these summaries, in addition to actual occurrences of the name, it also includes all of the occurrences of pronouns such as I, me, my, thee, thou, etc. that refer to that name. The problem with that approach is that these pronouns aren't actually occurrences of the "name" in the KJV. That can be highly misleading. For example, to say that the apostle John's name (ExLBP number 1676) occurs 156 times in the Authorized Version is absolutely not correct. In fact, his name only appears a total of 35 times: 20 times in the gospels, 9 times in Acts, once in Galatians, and 5 times in Revelation.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Errors in the Exhaustive Library of Bible People, 2013

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the notice on Mark. I will fix this.

As for the counts of people, the Library of Bible People and the AVp deal with individuals regardless of how they are named or referred to. For instance, Peter is also called Cephas and Simon, but all three names (plus the pronouns) refer to the same individual and that's what the ExLBP does.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

How do we know when it is updated? And will the Bible be updated also.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Usually by an updated title date in the Download Manager. When modules have a content update or correction I usually change the date and put a notice in the info.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

doughead

Post by doughead »

Also, I've found another error in the ExLBP in Colossians 4:15, where the name Nymphas does not appear as a clickable name.