Bible Analyzer 3.6.1 Released

The place to look for Bible Analyzer Updates and Announcements
Tim
Site Admin

Bible Analyzer 3.6.1 Released

Post by Tim »

We have just released Bible Analyzer version 3.6.1 which has several improvements and new features. Here is a list of the major changes:

Go to Verse:
The Verse History box now doubles as a Go To Verse entry box. It will accept nearly all conventional abbreviations and some not so conventional, such as, Gen, ge 1:, Ge1, Mat, Mt, rom 4:5, etc. If only a book is entered it will go to chapter 1 by default. Case or periods after the book (Gen.) are not important, but a period or space can be used in place of a colon (Gen 3.15). The Alt+F Accelerator key will set the focus on the Go To Verse box for quick reference entry.

Bible Panel:
The currently selected verse in the Bible Panel is now highlighted by a shaded background. Clicking anywhere inside a verse will select it. Also, clicking on a word will make it the current word, thus available for dictionary lookup.

Context Menu:
The right-click Context Menu has been updated to include a Commentary Entries submenu, a Copy Selection item, and a search of a highlighted selection can now be made similar to the single word search. If the selection is more that 15 characters it is truncated in the menu.

Verse Popup:
Verse popups now can show multiple verses and red letters. The maximum number of verses can be selected in Preferences.

Searching:
Advanced Bible Search, Proximity Search, Wordlists, certain Statistics, and Bible Compare can now search contiguous and non-contiguous ranges. Examples of searching a contiguous range: Gen – Lev, Gen 1 - Lev 10, Mat 2:5 - Luk 12:12, etc. Non-contiguous ranges must be separated by a comma, thus Gen 5-10, Lev 10-12:10, Mat 5:5-7:20 as a group will search only between those references. Any combination of books, chapters, and verses can be used.

(Ranges like Mat 5:10-20 meaning verses will not work. The parser will interpret the 20 as chapter 20. The way to form an entry for verses is Mat 5:10-5:20. Another issue is 1-3 John. The accepted method is 1Jo-3Jo, etc.)

Furthermore, there is a drop-down history so previous ranges can be retrieved. There is also a search history drop-down that will remember every detail of a search, except the current Bible text.

Strong’s numbers can now be searched either by right-click or direct entry as well as a Word/Number combination (available in Greek texts also).

Image Viewer:
User supplied .jpg and .gif images can now be viewed in the Image Viewer. Simply place the files in the ...Modules/Image folder and they will be found under the User Images heading in the Image List.

There are also various other bug fixes and minor enhancements.

Those of you who already have Bible Analyzer 3.0 or greater installed can get the updated executable from this page,
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/updates.htm

The full setup edition edition can be downloaded from here (the Linux edition will be available in a few days),
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/download.htm
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Atlas

Re: Bible Analyzer 3.6.1 Released

Post by Atlas »

Tim,

Thanks for the update. It works great and makes Bible Analyzer even better.

Atlas
John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Hello

Any update on the Linux version of 3.6?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Yes, 3.6.1 for Linux is available. I just haven't got the website updated yet. Here is the link to the new .deb,
http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/bibleanaly ... 1_i386.deb
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Great, thank you.

Installed fine and have been poking around. More tomorrow.

If I can be of any help, let me know. I have beta tested other Bible study software, as well as moded a Baptist board (now defunct, unfortunately)

Just offering a Brother a hand.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the offer. We can use all the help we can get. Can you test Windows as well as Linux? Can you test other Linux builds such as .rpm based builds OpenSUSE, etc.). I am not very familiar with those. I have converted the .deb to .rpm with alien but have no way to test it at the moment.
Tim Morton

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

I can test windows (XP only), on our family computer.

My lowly little, old dell laptop runs kubuntu linux very well. I have had issues with other distros, although I would only need enough of an install to test with. I do have an extra hard drive laying around, plus a couple of old systems in the garage I may be able to do something with. Give me a couple of weeks (my next week is very busy). I'll let you know.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Sorry I have not made any progress in this. It is very high on my "want to do list", but that very often clashes with my "have to do list", plus I would need more hardware than I currently have.

I will let you know when I have something viable to test on.