Best Unicode fonts to use with BA

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
epement

Best Unicode fonts to use with BA

Post by epement »

I use Bible Analyzer v5.2.1.20 under Microsoft Windows 7. I have downloaded and installed the SBLGNT (the SBL Greek New Testament) and also the Hebrew Old Testament Interlinear.

My question is which fonts seem to look best for displaying English, Greek, and Hebrew?

I have tried Gentium Plus, Galatia SIL, Galaxie Unicode Greek and Galaxie Unicode Hebrew (these last two display both Greek and Hebrew correctly).

These also display English, Hebrew, and Greek diacriticals correctly, and have a pleasant appearance: Liberation Sans, Liberation Serif, Microsoft Sans Serif, Miriam CLM, Palatino Linotype, Segoe UI, and Tahoma.

Which fonts do you prefer, and why?
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Best Unicode fonts to use with BA

Post by Tim »

Fonts are pretty much up to personal preference. We use the Galaxie Unicode fonts primarily in Bible Analyzer. We even ship them with the two Word Study Bundles. They have a pretty complete character set and render Hebrew and Greek characters uniformly.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

alanrogger

Re: Best Unicode fonts to use with BA

Post by alanrogger »

This is really a great post