New Windows 7?

The place to look for Bible Analyzer Updates and Announcements
Atlas

New Windows 7?

Post by Atlas »

Guys,

Do any of you know when the new Windows 7 will be released? I am very sick of Vista and hope the new Windows will be better. Also will BA work with the new Windows?

Atlas
John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: New Windows 7?

Post by Tim »

The word is it will come out this fall, but they are not telling for certain.

Hopefully, Bible Analyzer will work with 7. I'm fairly sure it will, but I would like to have a copy of the current Release Candidate but it is over a 2 Gig download!. If someone knows someone who has downloaded it and will provide a DVD (I will pay a nominal fee), I'll try it out. (It is freely distributed so no copyright issues. I will get my own installation key)
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

John45

Post by John45 »

I have been using Windows 7 since the beta was released. I am now using the release candidate. Bible Analyzer runs in it just fine. Windows 7 is scheduled to be released Oct 22, 2009.
John

Atlas

Post by Atlas »

John,

Thanks for the info. I ran the Windows 7 upgrade advisor and it says I need more RAM. I'll go get some more RAM in a few week and get Windows 7 on Oct 22 or 23 when it comes out. Do you have any idea how much Windows 7 will cost? I'm just wondering.

Atlas
John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John45

Post by John45 »

From what I've read the upgrade for Win7 Home Premium will cost about $130 and the full software, which is necessary for a clean install, will cost about $190. I have found that a clean install is to be preferred over an upgrade. If you are going to do a clean install, be sure to back up all your data before doing it. Don't forget about the files in favorites file for Internet Explorer. If you are an MS Office user, don't forget about the Outlook pst files, the Word dictionary files (if you add words to them). I have overlooked these on several occasions and have found it a pain to reconstruct them.
John