5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
rubeng

Re: 5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Post by rubeng »

Tim,

When I encountered the problem I was using a Windows 7 virtual machine under Parallels for Mac. I noticed this morning that in Windows 10 it works fine. So it's not the locale that's causing it. Go figure!

I guess I will be using the "transparent" mode more than any other (I don't like having the numbers displayed on the screen), that's why I miss so much the ability to search for the Strong's number in the context menu. Also, since I use BA on a desktop, I wasn't aware of the screen real estate issue. Wouldn't a scroll button work? At least in the case of the suggestion box...

At any rate, it's your call and I trust your judgement :-)

Thanks!

JPG

Post by JPG »

Tim,
Not sure if we should make new topics for the beta issues, so I add this here and you can move it.

What has happened to the visible sync of Strong's modules other than the StrongEn/x I don't get any visible indication that other Strong's dictionaries are matching.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ah...I forgot to mention that the dictionary modules need to be reindexed with Tools/Reindex Dictionary Modules in the Main Menu. I think i'll make the check automatic if it can be done without a performance hit.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

Thank you. I did not think to try that. Now they do show.

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

I just put BA 5.2.0.07 in my portable directory. The colors for people in AVp are now showing dark red correctly, but verses that I had previously highlighted in colors in the AV module are now just black underlined rather than color.

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

Adding to previous post regarding markup:

I selected "sharing markup" across AV using options II in user prefs. Then I marked a verse (joh 3.16) in yellow in the AV. That worked and it showed in yellow in AVs if strongs # are showing, but in the transparent mode, only the 1st word was yellow. In AV-PCEs no markup showed.

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

What I thought were verses I had marked with color must have actually be a static markup file. I may have lost my user markup file somewhere along the way. Ignore my comment about converting color markup to black underlines. Oops.

I found a backup markup file and the colors are right in AVp.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Here is an exe update (5.2.0.10),
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/bibleanalyzer5.exe

This one,
  • Removes the dark red color from the transparent links
  • Adds Strong's Number to right-click when in Transparent mode (Now has word, number, and combo word-number)
  • Fix a couple more bugs
This should be fairly close the release edition.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

Tim,
still getting the crash when hovering the "show verses" link in Search results window, having done a multi-Bible search.

Jon

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Phrase tagging still does not work under wine nor PlayOnLinux. Sure hope you can either address that or update the Linux version!

Darrel