5.1 Beta Testing (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: 5.1 Beta Testing (Windows)

Post by Tim »

There is a new beta, 5.1.0.16, with some fixes and a new feature.

Fixes
  • Issues with deleting pages in MultiWindow
    Issue with Static Markup navigation
New
  • TSKe shows verse text of current Bible
The TSKe in the Commentary Panel now shows the verse text of what ever Bible is selected in the Bible Panel. The Ref Panel TSKe will remain the same, showing references only. Also added a Refresh link so one can change the Bible tab and just refresh the TSKe page to update.

The verse text generation is done on the fly within Bible Analyzer so the TSKe module remains the same and does not need to be updated.

Note,
For references with verse spans (i.e. ) only the first verse is displayed. (Some spans can be long and thus make the page cumbersome if all verses are shown.)

Same download links as before.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

JPG wrote:Tim,
Not sure if the References From Clipboard can all be cleared. I delete all pages in Manage MultiWindow Pages, but I still have date visible in the main window.

Also it would be useful when selecting (not checking) the items in the Manage MultiWindow Pages, window, that the data is diplayed, so we can decide to merge/delete it.

Jon
5.1.0.16 has addressed these. Thanks Tim

Jon

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Here is another beta that could be considered a release candidate. A couple fixes were made to formatting and exporting to ScripturePad, plus a new "Copy [verse] text" menu item in the right-click context menu.

When the user right clicks on a verse ref the option is given to copy the text of the verse to the clipboard. This allows one to quickly build a verse list from references.

Also updated the splash screen to 5.1.

This install has an updated .dll so you will have to download the whole setup file and not just an exe.

http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/BA510-setup.exe
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Hi Tim,
Will there be a Linux 5.1x coming soon?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Not soon. We haven't officially released v5.0 yet for Linux. Once the Windows edition of 5.1 is released I will consider it.

Only about 5% of our website visitors are on Linux and even less percentage are BA users, so I must keep things in perspective and manage my time.
Tim Morton

Forest

Post by Forest »

bIBLEaNalyzer5.exe does not evoke even as run as administrator windows 10. or should i be running ba510-setup.exe? ;)

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

You must run the setup file first to install the required files, then run Bible Analyzer. The bibleanalyzer.exe file can only be used after the initial install. But it is not needed with the setup install. Just run Bible Analyzer as normal from the icon on your desktop.
Tim Morton

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

I had posted several bug reports a little bit ago, and I found that by following these instructions of first installing BibleAnalyzer 5.05 then BA510-setup.exe that BA runs very well in a windows virtualbox. It runs nicely under wine in Linux except for Master Control Panel where I still cannot enter search text 'cause the search window is very tiny and doesn't allow text entry.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Well, I have fixed a few more issues with v5.1.
  • Fixed an issue with cancelling a download in progress
    Fixed an issue in searching for Strong's numbers
    Fixed where a "Range warning" would occur if the user tried to search a partial text (such as OT only or NT only Bible) when "Entire Bible" range is selected in Master Control Panel.
    Fixed issue in resizing images in Image Viewer
    plus a couple other little things.
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/BA510-setup.exe
Tim Morton

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

How do I download this file? When I click on it I get a msg that the page does not exist. Am I missing something?