Next version of Bible Analyzer

The place to look for Bible Analyzer Updates and Announcements
Tim
Site Admin

Next version of Bible Analyzer

Post by Tim »

The next version of Bible Analyzer (3-6-1) hopefully, will contain the following new features and bug fixes.
  • Verse History is now also a Go To Verse entry box. It will accept nearly all conventional abbreviations and some not so conventional, such as, Gen, ge, Ge. 1:, Ge1, ge1, Mat, Mt, rom 4:5, etc. If only a book is entered it will go to chapter 1 by default. Case or periods are not important. The box still works as a Verse History as well.

After a considerable amount of thought, tweaking, and trial and error, contiguous and non-contiguous ranges can now be entered in Advanced Bible Search, Proximity Search, Wordlists, certain Statistics, and Bible Compare. The two book selection lists has been replaced with an entry box enabling the user to enter their custom range(s). The radio buttons are still available in the two searches and wordlists tabs to make Entire Bible, OT, NT, and Red-Letter ranges convenient to select. I spent a great deal of time just writing a script that is able to parse a users range entry. I tried to account for nearly all reasonable entries.

Searching a contiguous book range is simple enough, Gen - Lev, Gen 1 - Lev 10, or Mat 2:5 - Luk 12:12 will work. Non-contiguous ranges must be separated by a comma, thus Gen 5-10, Lev 10-12, Mat 5-7 will search only those chapters. Any combination of books, chapters, and verses can be used. Again, proper word case and periods are not needed. For instance, this convoluted entry will work, ge5:5-20, Mt 5-7:15,ro4:5 -8:20, Hebrews. Here it is parsed as displayed in the results, (Gen 5:5 - 20, Mat 5 - 7:15, Rom 4:5 - 8:20, Heb). What will not work is Mat 5:10-20 meaning verses. The parser will interpret the 20 as chapter 20. The way to form an entry for verses is Mat 5:10-5:20. Another no-no is 1-3 John. The accepted method is 1Jo-3Jo, etc.

Now John's (Joh, 1Jo-3Jo, Rev), Paul's (Rom - Phm (or Heb)), Moses's (Gen - Deu), Luke's (Luk, Act), etc., writings can be treated independently. Also, there is a drop-down history so previous ranges can be retrieved.

There is now a search history drop-down that will remember every detail of a search, including the range and excluded words, except the current Bible text.

The reference popups now show up to a range of 3 verses with a ...cont. at the end if it is continued. The verses are now numbered and indented. Red-letters also display. I am thinking about making the range an option up to a reasonable length such as 10 verses.

In the right-click context menu a search of a highlighted selection can now be made similar to the single word search. If the selection is more that 15 characters it is truncated in the menu.

The Bible display updates somewhat more quickly when a reference is clicked due to some code tweaking.

And various bug fixes.
Hopefully, this version will be available later this month.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rurdaneta

Re: Next version of Bible Analyzer

Post by rurdaneta »

I placed my order for Bible Analyzer today. Currently I use E-Sword. I have one questions: are there any plans to incorporate more of Clarence Larkin's works as part of the library?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thank you for your order! We will get your CD out Monday.

Yes, I would like to have all of Larkin's works in digital format for use in Bible Analyzer, but it takes some time. Dispensational Truth was a large undertaking. I would especially like to have "Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth" and the "Book of Daniel" along with the three works we already have. After that "The Spirit World" and so on.

If anyone would like to help in creating digital copies of these works for the benefit of the body of Christ, let me know. If you have a hard copy of the book, a scanner and some time your are ready to go.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Atlas

Post by Atlas »

Tim,

I own Larkin's commentary on the Book of Daniel. I'll help you do it, if I only knew how to do the work. I can scan it page by page I guess. Then what would I do after I get it all scanned?

Atlas
John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

You need to scan it in OCR mode. Most scanners include OCR software that can convert the text image into readable text. It is rather time consuming, though. I have not looked lately to see if the text may now be available on the web. I couldn't find it a few months ago. That is the easiest way.
Tim Morton

Atlas

Post by Atlas »

Tim,

Give one more shot to finding it on the web. If you can not find it on the net I'll get started scanning it right away.

Atlas
John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

bajon

Post by bajon »

Oh my God! I am so excited about the next version of Bible Analyzer. This will surely help us to access the Bible more easier. I am so much inspired by the group of people who are fond of doing Bible activities online; for they are helping us to boosts our spiritual side.

Kindly Pm me for the release of the new version of the Bible Analyzer.

Thanks then.

hundred island

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Bible Analyzer is now at 4.1. You can download the setup file here,
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer410-setup.exe
Tim Morton

wenbuyi

Post by wenbuyi »

Tim wrote:You need to scan it in OCR mode. Most scanners include ocr software that can convert the text image into readable text. It is rather time consuming, though. I have not looked lately to see if the text may now be available on the web. I couldn't find it a few months ago. That is the easiest way.
appreciate, it saves me a lot of time.