Portable?

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
nymusicman

Portable?

Post by nymusicman »

I wonder how possible it would be to create a portable (usb drive) version of bibleanalyzer for windows. It would be really nice to bring bibleanalyzer with me whereever I go.

As far as I can see the only two edits to make to the software would be to not have any registry entries (not sure if there are any now) and to relocate the modules either in the same folder or somwhere on the same drive.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Portable?

Post by Tim »

Good idea.

Yes, it would be easy to make Bible Analyzer portable. In fact, versions earlier than 3.7 can be made so now, I believe. Just copy the Bible Analyzer 3 folder that is under Program FIles and run the bibleanalyzer3.exe file. All the modules are under that folder.

Version 3.7 won't work as is because of the module location changes (because of Microsoft), but I will make one that will.

The only info stored in the registry is the uninstall info.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

Thank you. If you don't mind, please update this post when 3.7 portable is out. I'll use 3.6 for now. Thanks a lot again, I really appreciate it.

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

I thought it was still on the website but would you be able to post the link to 3.6? thanks.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Here is the 3.6 download edition. You can copy any other modules you have into the corresponding modules folder. This will install by default in C:\Program Files\Bible Analyzer 3.0.

http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/files/bibl ... -setup.exe

Yes, I will post when 3.7 portable is ready.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

once again. Thank you very much.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Bible Analyzer 3.7 Portable is online,

http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/bibleanaly ... -setup.exe

GIve it a try.
Tim Morton

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

Works great. For a heck of a portable installer check out http://www.portableapps.com I don't know if they can work with you or not but might be worth checking out. Great job on the software. Thanks!