Release Candidate 3.7.003

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Release Candidate 3.7.003

Post by Tim »

Below is a release candidate of Bible Analyzer 3.7. It has a few bug fixes, and the e-sword conversion feature is disabled because of the e-sword database change.

http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/files/BAUpdate371.exe

The main change with this release is in the setup/installation routine. Major changes were required because of Windows Vista (and the upcoming Windows 7) security and folder requirements. Here is a brief rundown,

The Modules are now installed under the Bible Analyzer\Modules folder in either the All Users folder (Windows XP) or the ProgramData folder (Windows Vista).

Examples:
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bible Analyzer\Modules\
Vista - C:\ProgramData\Bible Analyzer\Modules\

The users configuration and notes files (config.ini, notes.usr) are placed in the users Application Data folder.

For example, in Windows XP the typical location would be,
C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Bible Analyzer

In Windows Vista the path would be,
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Bible Analyzer

The BAUpdate371.exe file should move all current modules and user files to the new folders during installation if the current Bible Analyzer folder is the default (C:\Program Files\Bible Analyzer 3.0). If Bible Analyzer is installed in another folder, select it during setup.

Please, try it out, both XP and Vista users. Let me know of any issues, problems, and concerns. If there are no issues with the app and the installation, we will be able to release this version
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Re: Release Candidate 3.7.003

Post by JPG »

Tim, on the previous version you had got the mouse to activate the pane that was under it, this feature does not appear to work now.
Vista32
Jon

p.s
I think that support for conversion was helpful, esp of the old modules.
If you had done support for comms and dicts, this would have been very helpful.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Yes, I changed the activate focus because it was interfering with other windows that were open. If the Image viewer or library viewer was on top and the cursor was was moved off of either, the focus would go to the main window behind and place the viewer in back. This was annoying to me. Also, if one clicked in say a search entry box in MCP and then move the mouse off the control while letting go of it to type, focus changed to the main window and the type text would not be entered.

If I can get these issues worked out I may restore the feature, but I can't this release.

I will likely enable the esword conversion when I get time to work on it.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

J.N.Mouthaan

Post by J.N.Mouthaan »

Hello Tim,

With the new BA version I am happy, but I have one problem and one suggestion:

My problem is that when I make an user made module with xml unicode for Greek in version 3.7.002, I can search in it, but with version 3.7.003 I can't. Why?

My suggestion concerns the Library function.
My dream is a Bible program that really comprehend all kinds of data that is usefull for reading the Scriptures. The html feature of the Library of BA is nice, but the usefullness of the library shall be very increased when also pdf files can be viewed and searched. What do you think of this?

With kind regards,

Johan Mouthaan

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Could you send a link of the file you were converting and I will look at it and see what was changed between 002 and 003.

PDF files are difficult to work with. That is Adobe's doing. Some are locked and don't allow any manipulation. For now the best way is to convert them to HTML (if allowed). But I will look into PDF more for a future version.
Tim Morton

J.N.Mouthaan

Post by J.N.Mouthaan »

Here a link to my Greek New Testament http://sites.google.com/site/theologica ... edirects=0.

Johan
As for Me and My Mouse, We Will Serve the Lord.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

OK. I finally got a chance to see what I had changed to make the search of user made Greek texts no longer work. It was that Bible Analyzer would only recognize the unicode (Greek/Hebrew) modules we had made. Another oversight.

Nevertheless, with v3.7 all a creator of a new module has to do is put a "-u" in the file name to tell Bible Analyzer it is a unicode text. For instance, estienne-u.bib will work.

I may put a flag in the module later to serve the same purpose, but for now this should work.
Tim Morton