BA5b Issue

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
John45

BA5b Issue

Post by John45 »

First, thanks for getting BA5b released for beta testing.

I made a directory in C:\Program Files (x86) and unzipped the files to it. Then I created a desktop shortcut to BibleAnalyzer5.exe. When I ran it, I got an error that it could not access the log file. If I run it as an administrator, then I can. I have included a screenshot of the message.

John
Attachments
BA5b-01.png
BA5b-01.png (38.87 KiB) Viewed 25909 times
John

Tim
Site Admin

Re: BA5b Issue

Post by Tim »

This log file is only created when an error occurs. If you can post or email the contents of the log file we may see what caused it issue.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

John45

Post by John45 »

Here are the contents of the log file after receiving the message previously posted.

INFO:Started BA
INFO:Finished loading - 4.48399996758 sec.
John

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

That's a different log file. I need the one that ends with BibleAnalyzer5.exe.log. Log files are hidden in Windows by default. You may have to set explorer to show hidden files them to see it.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

John45

Post by John45 »

I assume bibleanalyzer5.exe.log should be in the same directory as bibleanalyzer5.exe. I did a scan of my system and this log file does not exist.

John
John

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Windows considers the Program Files folder as a system folder and requires admin rights to write to a file in it. Since the portable edition of Bible Analyzer writes the config.ini and other files back into the folder, you get this warning. Place the folder under your My Documents folder, which is owned by the user, and you should be able to run BA normally.
Tim Morton

John45

Post by John45 »

Thanks, Tim.

That solved the problem.

John
John