Windows 7 DVD

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Windows 7 DVD

Post by Tim »

Does anyone know where I can get a Windows 7 RC DVD for a nominal cost? I noticed 7 was released for download on the 5th, but I cannot download it since it is measured in gigabytes. I would like to use it to test Bible Analyzer's compatibility.

Bible Analyzer has been developed on Windows XP, and I have found XP to be a solid OS. I can't speak as favorabily about Vistsa. I am running tests with Vista SP2 now for Bible Analyzer version 3.7. However, I would like to get the jump on Windows 7 (which is supposed to be more compatible than Vista) in testing Bible Analyzer. The RC is supposed to be valid until June of 2010.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 DVD

Post by Tim »

I took some time to go to a friends house (40 miles away), who has DSL, and download Windows 7. It is 2.36 gig and takes around 4 hours to download. I want to get the jump on 7 to see if BA has any issues with it. It is supposed to be better than Vista. I hope. Vista has cost me some more gray hair.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Atlas

Post by Atlas »

Tim,
Vista has cost me some more gray hair.
If you think it has cost you gray hair, none of my financial planning software, insurance software or my client contact software would run on Vista. It put me 100% out of business for about 3 weeks. I'll be very happy when Windows 7 comes out. many financial companies are now advising all planners and agents to upgrade A.S.A.P. I got two emails about it this morning. They basically said Windows 7 would be far more compatible than Vista. Some financial software still will not run correctly on Vista.

I'll go and get a Windows 7 CD A.S.A.P. Let me know how well Windows 7 work out for you.

Atlas
John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I installed Windows 7 in a dual boot configuration with Vista and it installed quickly. Bible Analyzer works flawlessly on 7. It took the same setup routine as Vista so I didn't have to make any changes.

I see some advantages to 7 already. It has a cleaner interface, doesn't pester as much with User Account Control (I turn it off, anyway), and has some more intuitive features. At first glance, I like it better than Vista, even though it looks a behaves a lot like Vista. I don't know how ot is for backward compatibility, though. When it is released it is supposed to have an XP compatibility mode so it will run any software that will run on XP. Still checking it out when I get time.
Tim Morton

Atlas

Post by Atlas »

Tim,

Thanks for the Windows 7 info. I'll go get it today, if I can. I'm so happy that BA and other programs from XP will run well on Windows 7.

Atlas
John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.