Bible Analyzer 4.9 Beta (Macintosh)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Bible Analyzer 4.9 Beta (Macintosh)

Post by Tim »

We have a beta of 4.9 (was 4.8.5) for Mac ready to test. Here is the link,
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer490.pkg

It should work the same as the Windows edition concerning the new Download Manager. For more details see this page,
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=772
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

HansK

Re: Bible Analyzer 4.9 Beta (Macintosh)

Post by HansK »

Tim,

Works great here. But every time 2 works are downloaded anew:

- Bible Illustrator;
- Gospel Hymnal Bundle.

Hans

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Good.

The two files are a filename issue with the online database. I'll check it out.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Jeffell

Post by Jeffell »

I used the module downloader to download the new JFB. I even removed the old version module first. After watching the progress bar show the module was downloaded, it never appeared in BA. I DL'd it again. Still not there, and I could not find where the file is being downloaded.

Where is the file DL'd to?

I have the pkg for Mac from the email link, so I don't need that. I just want to know where the files are being DL'd to. They are not in the regular modules folder with all the other commentaries.

Thanks.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Sorry for the delay..

The Modules/Commentary folder is where it should be. It must be being redirected for some reason.

What version of OS X are you running?

The downloader downloads the file to a temp folder and then moves it to the Modules folder. Try doing a search for jfbu.cmt and see if it shows up anywhere.

Let me know.
Tim Morton

Jeffell

Post by Jeffell »

Using Mac OS 10.9.2

Searched for that file. Nothing found. Clearly seems to be downloading, but doesn't appear anywhere.

Used "Inventory X" to search. Did not find any file.

I attempted to DL 4 files, all purchased at one time. None appeared in the module folder. All showed action in the progress bar, but nothing showed up.

BA version:

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Odd. Others with 10.9 have not reported any problem. Are you running as the Administrator on that system or just a user?

Even when you extract the downloaded .pkg file it can't be found? Try running the .pkg file and before closing the installer, check the installer log file. In the meanwhile I will look for a hint about the cause online.
Tim Morton

Jeffell

Post by Jeffell »

the Installer I downloaded from the email I got, worked fine. The module appeared and worked.

I am the administrator.

I just tried again. The built in downloader does not bring in the 3 purchased modules. They seem to be downloading, but don't appear.

Is it possible this "temp" directory they are going to is not permissioned correctly, and they are not being saved, but the downloader doesn't know it? Where is this temp directory?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The tempfile and folder is generated by the Tempfile function in Python. It is random and unknown. It is deleted as soon as the copy process is finished.

Can you install any of the free titles? Or are they not installed either?
Tim Morton

Jeffell

Post by Jeffell »

No, the free ones don't install, either.

My guess is the temp directory is bing deleted before the module can be moved over.