Library search

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
Brother Mike

Library search

Post by Brother Mike »

Hi Tim

Would it possible / plausible to include the other library resources in the library search (text at minimum, devotions possibly)?

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Library search

Post by Tim »

Yes, something like that is on the ToDo list. I'm am trying to think of the best way to combine the different type modules/data without making them all into one group. Some apps essentially have only two groups, Bibles and then everything else. I would like to keep the groups seperate but still be able to search them together.

I have thought of doing away with the Library Viewer and having the texts display in the Results/S-Pad panel under a Library tab that in turn will have tabs on the bottom for the different texts. Kind of like Bible Analyzer v 2.0 was. I don't know yet. Suggestions are welcome.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Re: Library search

Post by Brother Mike »

Hi Tim

I kinda like the separate library viewer, but the S-Pad option I think would work. The TOC on the left comes in handy, although still irked about the alpha ordering of the titles ;)

As far as developmentally, I am not an expert so I do not know how easy these ideas would be to implement, but a suggestion would be:

Like the other library search references, a radio button for "Other" or "External Library" or "Devotions" or "Books" "User Library" might be a way to go, then using the already available options on the tab page would work as far as All/Single books, etc.