Bible Analyzer 4.9 Beta (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Bible Analyzer 4.9 Beta (Windows)

Post by Tim »

We have a new beta ready to test with the new features primarily around the Download Manager. Now Premium modules can be downloaded as well.

Here are some quick details,
  • * When clicking the Premium button in the Download Manager all the Premium title will be visible.
    * Mousing over a title will show a brief popup preview
    * Double-clicking a title will take you to that item's page at the Store
    * When titles are purchased clicking the "Link Purchases" Button will sync your orders with your account at the store after entering your store email and password.
    * Once synced, the purchased titles will show "Purchased" in the price column and can be checked for download.
    * Click the Download Button to download and install.
    * There is also a Menu Item to Download Purchased Modules
    * Any purchased titles can be re-downloaded at any time.
Here is the quickest and hopefully easy process to download titles right after purchasing them at the store,
  • * Complete an order at the Bible Analyzer Store
    * Go to Modules/Download Purchased Modules in the Bible Analyzer Main Menu
    * Enter store email and password and press Link
    * Follow the dialog prompts to download and install
Installation and Testing

We have compiled a special Portable edition of the 4.8 beta to make installation simple. Just download and run this file,

http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanaly ... -setup.exe

It will by default extract the files to a Bible Analyzer 4 Portable (beta) folder on your Desktop. The folder can be moved anywhere you wish but must be moved intact. To run the beta just run the file bibleanalyzer4.exe in the above folder.

If errors are encountered, just let the error dialog send the report to us. Please send a concise description of what you were doing when the error occurred.

Special Voucher for Beta Testers

To help you test this feature and also as thanks we will give any tester a $5 voucher so they can place an order at the store for no cost. Just email us at morton@bibleanalyzer.com and we will send you the code.

Thanks to all who test this beta. If you have any problems or questions, just post here or send us an email.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

nymusicman

Re: Bible Analyzer 4.8.5 Beta (Windows)

Post by nymusicman »

Working really well so far.

Even got it working in WINE!

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

Nevermind, crashed downloading premium modules with WINE. But sync worked great.

Now,

Test System:
Lenovo Z710 running Windows 8.1
Core i7-2600
8GB RAM
256gb Samsung 830 SSD

When I first ran the installer "Windows Sunscreen" tried to block it, but just hit More Info and Run Anyway and it's fine!

Synced up to my store account just fine after entering credentials.

Seems to crash trying to download the Spurgeon book collection, the upgraded Word Study Bundle. and even though it's install the Download Manager doesn't recognize that The Bible, book by book, Manser is installed.

Those are the only problems I seem to be having at the moment. Thanks!

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the detailed info.

I'll check the Spurgeon and Word Study archives. They may be malformed.

The BBB title probably just has the wrong filename in the online database that checks if it is installed. Will check. There may be a couple others like this, even in the free titles.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

So I decided to give the WINE version another go.

Using the same rig above, Ubuntu 13.10 and WINE 1.7.14 and you'll be happy to know it worked perfectly.

I know you don't test against WINE, but the way I see if you can get it to work there, you good!

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

Apparently both image bundles are having trouble downloading as well. All they say is "The download failed for an unspecified reason"

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ok. I'll check them out.
Tim Morton