Text over Text

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
crossnote

Text over Text

Post by crossnote »

I just downloaded and installed the new Word Study module which includes the new expanded Thayers and others. I am running Win 8.1 and BA was running fine on ver.4.8.1.
But now since downloading and installing the Word Study program, the Dictionary/Commentary window shows text over text making it unreadable. Sometimes if I click inside the window it will appear fine but not usually. Any fixes?

As a matter of fact the more dictionary/commentary tabs I press the more layers of text get added to the dict/comm window.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Text over Text

Post by Tim »

This sounds like possibly a garbled memory or display issue.

Try restarting your computer and then run the Bible Analyzer Reset Tool,
http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/BA-Reset.exe

If this still occurs, could you send a screenshot of what you are getting?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

crossnote

Post by crossnote »

I ran the reset...no help.
I tried all morning trying to figure out how to apply a 'screen capture' to this forum page but couldn't.

I do believe you are right about memory. It is garbled and the program moves much much slower than before the installation.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

You can send the image as an attachment to an email if you wish. Send to morton@bibleanalyzer.com

Also, try open Session Manager (Ctrl+M) and selecting a small set of modules for a session and see if it makes a difference.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

crossnote

Post by crossnote »

I tried the sessions manager last night...nothing.
So just now I uninstalled/reinstalled the whole program with modules and it seems to be humming along.

Only question now is is there a default reset for the Analyzer layout?

When I was 'experimenting' I ended up with a layout I don't care for and it remained intact thru the uninstall/reinstall process.

Thanks for the help.

crossnote

Post by crossnote »

Well here I'm back again. As I continued to load programs the trouble of overlapping text and slow response returned, so I guess it is a memory problem...I'll have to lighten the load.

My laptop runs 6GB memory with a processor speed of about 230Ghz Intelcore i5

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

What OS are you running, Windows?

Can you tell if it is any specific modules that slow you down or is it just the quantity?
Tim Morton

crossnote

Post by crossnote »

I'm running Win 8.1,
It looks like quantity. When I reinstalled this time I started with the Thayers Word Study pack but as I started loading up it slowed and started 'double imaging'.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Try running BA in Compatibility Mode for Win 7 or even XP. Here is a link with instructions,
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/h ... ows-8.html
Tim Morton

crossnote

Post by crossnote »

Hooray. Yes it was a 'compatibility' issue. When I went to change the compatibility status to Win 7 it was actually set for Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) so I changed it to Win 8 and all is well...so far.

Thanks again.