Duplicate Entries

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
GChris

Duplicate Entries

Post by GChris »

I downloaded the free Bible Analyzer program along with some free modules and then purchased several premium modules. Then I order the CD and when it arrived installed it in the same location and directories as the original installation. Now I have a number of double entries: 2 for the commentary by Wesley. I found that the module from the website and the module from the CD have slightly different titles so that accounted for the double entry. I deleted one of those files, but now I still have two entries listed. Also, many of the image files that were downloaded compared to the files on the CD were slightly different--one capitalized the other with no capitals--leaving two entries for most of the image files. I deleted the second copy, have done a search of the whole hard drive to ensure that no other copies are present--but to no avail: I still have double entries for every module that began with two files. I've even tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling but this didn't work either. How do I get rid of the multiple double entries? Thanks!

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate Entries

Post by Tim »

Yes, some title have slightly different names. We are working on unifying all the names and titles.

You should be able to right click on a tab and select "Title File Location" and find where it is. If you have done that and the duplicate still appears, that is because of a nasty trick Microsoft plays with files. Often Windows makes copies of files in the Users folder and actually uses them instead.

They are in a hidden folder usually the Users/USERNAME/Appdata/ folder. Try searching your Users folder for a file name.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

GChris

Re: Duplicate Entries

Post by GChris »

Thanks, Tim. I found the same solution. Under the root directory in C:\ is the directory where Bible Analyzer stores its modules: C:\ProgramData\Bible Analyzer\Modules... The directory is a hidden directory not normally visible with Windows Explorer. The duplicates arise over Microsoft Vista creating a second set of files in:

C:\Users\Grant\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Bible Analyzer\Modules\...

To get rid of the duplicate entries I just deleted this entire Bible Analyzer directory (under C:\Users\Grant\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData. When I restarted Bible Analyzer all the duplicates were gone and this same directory reappears... Thank you for your quick reply!!