Bro. David Cloud

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
Brother Mike

Bro. David Cloud

Post by Brother Mike »

Hi Tim

Just curious if you have ever entertained the idea of producing material from David Cloud into BA modules?

I think the "Way of Life Encyclopedia" and "Things Hard to be Understood" would be great material to have in BA.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Bro. David Cloud

Post by Tim »

Yes, he has some good material. However, I have written him twice in the past about Bible Analyzer and notified him of our complete 1611 edition when it came out last fall. He did not reply to or even acknowledge receipt any of the emails. I suppose his silence speaks for him.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Hmm. To bad.

srice

Post by srice »

This is an old thread, but perhaps if a few people took just a moment to write Bro. David Cloud, and request some of his material for Bible Analyzer, perhaps that would spike his interest? It is certainly worth a try. I too think that his materials would be a real asset, and continue to put Bible Analyzer a cut above the rest for the solid material that is offered.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice
Romans 12:1-2
http://www.ricefamilyministries.com

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

shane2peru wrote: I too think that his materials would be a real asset, and continue to put Bible Analyzer a cut above the rest for the solid material that is offered.
There is a lot that is negative about this person on the internet. Here is an example --

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newb ... 6&forum=35

srice

Post by srice »

Just two quick things to always take into consideration.

1. The internet is a place that everyone airs their dirty laundry. You can probably find posts about myself as well. If you stand for something, and someone disagree's with you, you can be as 'sweet spirited' as you can, and people will still take things wrong, and twist it to say what was not meant. I have seen this happen over and over again. So that always has to be taken into consideration. The internet is a 'faceless' place, it is easy to run people down behind the cloak of the internet or a 'username' that has been created. - Not saying that is the case there, just saying, often that is the case. It is hard to know who, or what information to trust, not being able to meet them in person, and understand who they are.

2. I have personally read quite a bit of Bro. Clouds material, and like much of it. I obviously don't agree with him on everything, but I don't even agree with my wife on everything. I have read other authors with a very cutting, degrading, caustic edge, that has not been my experience with the materials written by Bro. Cloud. My dad taught me years ago, "Chew the meat, and leave the bone on the plate." That has been my principle to live, or study by.

It is just my opinion that it would be an asset to Bible Analyzer. You are more then welcome to disagree, as you have. It would just be an availability of more material for those who feel it would be a worth while read. That would indeed be my opinion.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

No, I'm not disagreeing with you. I have no idea who this person is. However, it seems people think he does not have e-mail etiquette. But etiquette is something from the past.

srice

Post by srice »

Ok, my misunderstanding then. It is really hard to tell how or what was said in an email correspondence, unless the whole set of emails was aired. It could be that he wasn't kind or pleasant, or it could be that it was mistaken, or misunderstood. That is easy to do, as we can see here. :) Still the bottom line is, it is a matter of opinion for materials. It is simply my opinion that it would be helpful. Having read his material, and owning the "Way of Life Encyclopedia" I enjoy his material. I went ahead and wrote and asked him to consider making his material available to Bible Analyzer. If others are of the same mind, a few requests, certainly couldn't hurt. :)

EDIT:

Also my apologies MPaul for misunderstanding your post as a disapproval, and or disagreement.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice

srice

Post by srice »

Ok, got a reply from Bro. Cloud, and he is going to look into it, so time will tell.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Great. Maybe he will consider letting us distribute some of his works such as his Encyclopedia. Many are quite helpful.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)