E-sword Module Database Change

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

E-sword Module Database Change

Post by Tim »

As has been mentioned before, version 3.7 was to have the beginnings of an e-sword module converter. However, I learned today that within the last couple weeks the e-sword database type has been changed. Originally, they were simply Microsoft JET/Access database files. Now they are in the same database format as Bible Analyzer, SQLite. But this does not mean Bible Analyzer can read e-sword directly, because it can't. There are three reasons, different table names, different markup language (e-sword uses RTF while Bible Analyzer uses HTML), and some e-sword modules are encrypted.

I do not want to convert both e-sword formats, so which do you all prefer, if any? The old JET type modules will likely soon pass into oblivion. Also, I can only convert unencrypted modules. All the modules on the e-sword site are encrypted. Only user made modules are open to conversion.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Dave

Re: E-sword Module Database Change

Post by Dave »

Hi TIm,

Personally, i have a lot of the old jet modules. It would be nice to be able to convert them to SQL lite. Also, what is the SQL lite database download link? I have tried to find it but there are several different names I happen across. Is it the SQL lite database browser or something else, it is a little confusin? Thank you for all the work you have put into Bible Analyzer, it has features that I have not seen in other Bible programs that are VERY useful for the study of Gods Word.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: E-sword Module Database Change

Post by Tim »

The SQLite Database Browser is handy to view and do small edits to an SQLite database, but it is not good for creating modules. Version 3.7 of Bible Analyzer will have a utility to created the database files for Bible Analyzer from properly formatted text files. See the Beta forum for more details.

It is likely some of the e-sword users will convert the existing JET files over to SQLite. If they do that without encrypting them then they can be converted. It will probably take them a few weeks to get it done.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)