popup position dual monitors

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
JPG

popup position dual monitors

Post by JPG »

Tim I wondered if the latest release (just looking at the beta) would have fixed this issue but, no.

I have a problem in using BA on two monitors, primary is to the right. I have BA on the primary (this happens to be larger). The issue is with popup that are near the left edge of the monitor. When they popup some of the popup is being shown on the secondary monitor which is the left one.

Jon

Tim
Site Admin

Re: popup position dual monitors

Post by Tim »

I checked the wxPython Display method and we should be able to fix this, but I can't test it since I don't have dual displays. I'll put in some code with the next beta to try and keep all child windows on the same display the BA app is on and you can test it.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

OK, I will check it.

JPG

Post by JPG »

Problem remains, sorry.
Might seem like a dumb question but are you sure you implemented the changes for 4.8.0.22

Jon

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Yes, it is there.

It checks for the display that the main app is on and uses that display size as the boundaries.

To be clear, are you talking about the verse popups when the cursor is placed over a reference? The should display to the right of the cursor unless the right border is too close and only then to the left. I am having trouble visualizing what is happening because if the cursor is near the left edge the popup should be to the right and not cross left into the other monitor.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

Here is the monitor. I have put a red vertical line where the monitors go from one to the other. You can see a black area at the bottom on this screen shot, that is due to the left monitor being smaller. Also in real use the monitors are not at the same height so the popup crossing would also look offset vertically by the amount of the black.
So this is just a popup of the Strong's number indicated which is close to the left border.

Hope this helps

Jon

Popup dual monitor.png
Popup dual monitor.png (58.17 KiB) Viewed 16179 times

JPG

Post by JPG »

This is how the screens are laid out.
Display settings.png
Display settings.png (38.59 KiB) Viewed 16178 times