minor search issue? or change

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
srice

minor search issue? or change

Post by srice »

Bro. Tim,

I love the new 4.7 version! Lots of new things. I'm working on Mac. I noticed that before in the reference box, I could do a quick search by simply typing a word in there, or a reference if I wanted to go to a reference. I noticed that the search function is no longer there, and it only handles Scripture references now. Is that by design? Where there issues? I really loved to be able to do quick searches in that box versus the 2 step process of opening a new search window and typing my search word or phrase. I was just curious about this change.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice
Romans 12:1-2
http://www.ricefamilyministries.com

Tim
Site Admin

Re: minor search issue? or change

Post by Tim »

You should be able to do a word search from the Quick Entry as before. And with most Bibles a word list should display of the first dozen or so words that start with the entered characters.

What happens when you type a word in the box and hit Enter, anything? It should behave like on the 4.7 video on our home page. If it doesn't, I'll look into it.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

srice

Post by srice »

Ahhh, I found the problem. When I type a word in Spanish, it doesn't give a word list, matter of fact, nothing happens. However when I type an English word (i.e. Bible reference) I get a list, so for kicks I tried John, and sure enough it searched, course no result in the Spanish Bible. :) I switched to the AV, and typed a word, and sure enough the search function works as expected. Apparently there is a dictionary problem, or multilingual issue. It works as expected in English, but not as expected in Spanish. Also out of curiosity, I did a quick search on Greek Strong's numbers, and that doesn't work either (or Hebrew). I tried, G25 as well as 25, and larger numbers because it took G for Genesis.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice

srice

Post by srice »

To follow up, I want to clarify my last post. When I type a word to search in Spanish it doesn't show a word list, regardless of the Bible I have open, Spanish RVG or English AV. If I search for an English word, again regardless of Bible open, it does search. The same is true about the Greek or Hebrew words. This is a search problem, not a Bible module problem. I just wanted to clarify that, because when I read my post it was a little unclear. Hope that clarifies.

PS - Also multiple word search is not working.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The Suggestion Box will only show a list if there is a match on the entered character(s) string and if there is a generated word list in the Bible module. It is possible the RVG module you have does not have a wordlist table. Sometimes they weren't made for non English texts in the past.

When a Bible tab is selected, the word list for the selected Bible is loaded to be used as the SB word list. If you are seeing the AV word list when a different Bible is selected, that shouldn't happen. I can't reproduce it here. Could you send me a screenshot of the SB word list being a different text than the selected Bible?

Concerning multiple words, I will fix that and post a minor update in a few days. (That was intended to still work, but I had a line of code commented out I forgot about.)

Thanks.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

srice

Post by srice »

Oh, you are right, my word list for the RVG was actually a Bible Book reference list, not to be confused with a word list. Is there a way for me to create a word list through Bible Analyzer? like index the Bible module so it can be created for future reference? Thanks for the info.

Shane
Serving the King,
Shane Rice

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Bible Analyzer's Module Creator will try to make a word list when it makes the module. Is the RVG you are using the one available from our Modules Page?
Tim Morton

srice

Post by srice »

Bro. Tim,

Um, I don't think I'm using the one off the web. I will contact you and see about getting an update for the RVG.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice

ben1

Post by ben1 »

Tim wrote: Concerning multiple words, I will fix that and post a minor update in a few days. (That was intended to still work, but I had a line of code commented out I forgot about.)

Looking forward to this update, keep forgetting that this doesn't work and I still find myself trying to search using that box multiple times a day :)

Also, probably related, entering a reference with a double digit chapter number doesn't always work for me. Usually if I enter say "John 20" into the box, it'll actually take me to John 2, but not every time, usually intermittently. I think it has something to do with the autosuggestion.

srice

Post by srice »

I have noticed that too. Usually when I type fast and don't let the suggestion load completely. If you give the suggestion a second to 'catch up' this doesn't seem to happen. At least that I what I think was happening in my case. I have become accustom to going a little slower to get to the right chapter. I noticed this because often times it would miss my verse if I put one in too. It would only take me to the chapter.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice