Copy/paste in search field

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
ben1

Copy/paste in search field

Post by ben1 »

Hello,

In the last couple of releases of the OS X version, I've lost the ability to copy/paste into the "Enter word or ref" field at the top, a very useful feature when looking up verses or searching for text fragments copied from ebooks or the web.

Paste (Command-V) seems to paste into the scripturepad even when the top search field is active and even when the scripturepad is hidden. Copying text from the search box (Command-C) seems to work, but it doesn't actually get placed in the clipboard. The right click menu is disabled and dropping text doesn't work so there's no way to get text into this field other than typing it manually.

This worked on older versions and would be very useful to have working again as well as making the interface more consistent with OS X.

Keep up the good work.
-Ben

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Copy/paste in search field

Post by Tim »

Thanks. We'll look into the copy/paste issue.

In what ways would you like to see the GUI changed?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

ben1

Post by ben1 »

Great, thanks.

I think the interface is pretty good and has gotten better the last few releases. If you'd like my opinion, I'd change the navigation a bit in the Bible view. A forward/back that works like a browser would be a great feature, being able to very quickly go to the previous verse/chapter you were viewing and being able to quickly go back without losing your train of thought by looking for the right buttons, etc, would be great. The reference history dropdown is a good start, but not quite as easy as a web-browser-like history forward/back.

There are three sets of forward/back arrows in the toolbar, I've used it regularly and still always forget which is which and have to hover to see the tooltip. I think simplifying it by adding a bar at the bottom just for navigation would make it far more user friendly. It would allow more room than just the little icons to show what each button actually does and being at the bottom it would be where your eyes and mouse cursor would naturally be when you finish a chapter.

I'm attaching a crude mockup.
Attachments
mockup
mockup
biblea-mockup1.png (105.07 KiB) Viewed 14169 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks.

I have been thinking about putting arrows on each side of the verse dropdown that will cycle through the list. the left arrow will take you back one ref; the right up on ref. and if a ref. in between is wanted use the dropdown.

Concerning the chap. and book buttons, I have been thinking of making them links at the top and bottom of each chapter page. That way they would have the text in the link describing where they go and free up space on the toolbar.

Would these differences help?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

ben1

Post by ben1 »

Sounds great, hotkeys for the forward/back (such as Command-Left and Command-Right) would make that extremely useful.

Thanks