Graphics Not Displaying In Books

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
brad

Graphics Not Displaying In Books

Post by brad »

When viewing a book that includes graphics BA just shows a "placeholder" type image instead. See screenshot.
Screenshot of broken image link.
Screenshot of broken image link.
Capture.PNG (47.5 KiB) Viewed 20726 times

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Graphics Not Displaying In Books

Post by Tim »

This is likely because the Image folder for the Books is not where Bible Analyzer expects it. See if your image Text/Images folder is in this location.
folders.png
folders.png (34.82 KiB) Viewed 20723 times
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

brad

Post by brad »

I have Modules\Text with the .bk files, and then Images\LarkinDT under that with the actual graphics. Do I need to put all the .gifs in the Text folder?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Modules\Text\Images\LarkinDT should be the correct path. The images should be in LarkinDT.

What version of Bible Analyzer are you using, 4.7? Are you using the normal setup edition or the portable edition?
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

brad

Post by brad »

Version 4.7.2.15
Portable

brad

Post by brad »

Not sure what the problem was, but since I just installed BA and purchased the modules today I thought it might be easier to just re-install. It is working now. thanks.

brad

Post by brad »

Guess I spoke too soon. Now it is doing the same thing again. Is there a setting in the config that tells it where to find the graphics? Here is what my structure looks like.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (38.17 KiB) Viewed 20706 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The path looks correct.

Is it just the Dispensational Truth images you can't see? Can you see them in another Larkin title or in Younce's material?

Did you just restart Bible Analyzer and they were gone again after seeing them? Is this the only installation of Bible Analyzer you have made?

Also, just to verify, is this the same folder you get when you click Tools/Display Primary Modules Folder in the Main Menu?
Tim Morton

brad

Post by brad »

It effects all books.

I have 2 installs. Both portable. It acts the same on both of them.

When I select Tools/Display Primary Modules Folder it opens Windows Explorer to the Modules folder under the BA root folder.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Hum...I can't reproduce the issue with a portable installation.

What top folder do you have the Bible Analyzer folder under, if any? I have found in Windows that if it is under certain system folders such as Program Files that Windows will sometimes create virtual folders which it reads from.

Try moving the folder to a User folder like Documents (if not already) and see if it makes any difference. Of course, if you have it on a portable drive this can not be an issue.
Tim Morton