KJV 1611

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
JPG

KJV 1611

Post by JPG »

I am not checking this, I just happened to be checking a spelling of a footnote there.

The Authorized King James Version, 1611
w/Original Headings, Notes, Italics, Cross-References, Spelling, and Punctuation, v1.1

I just noticed that the footnotes are not completely correct on Philippians 1:10,13

Check against this original image.

http://www.bibles-online.net/1611/NewTe ... ilippians/

Jon

Tim
Site Admin

Re: KJV 1611

Post by Tim »

True, it looks like an indicator is missing in vs. 10 that gets the others out of order.

There may be some errors like this here and there in the 1611. A brother typed them all in and that can get very tedious.

A couple days ago we uploaded an update for the 1611 that corrected some errors that were in the headings. We will get this corrected for the next update.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Eric

Post by Eric »

Does this forum thread imply that there is a 1611 KJV/AV module with original spellings and punctuation and capitalization for Bible Analyzer? If so, where is it listed in the store? Is it a facsimile or Unicode with old style font glyphs?

Thank you!

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

It is under the Free section of the Download Manager. Here is a video that describes it,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-AHzyERQ94
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Eric

Post by Eric »

Thank you, Tim. I couldn't find it. I'm finding the search of the website hard to find hits, even with google searches.

kathleenmarie

Post by kathleenmarie »

I cannot find the Bible anywhere either. I saw the video and wanted to add it to my library, but I cannot find it.

epement

Post by epement »

kathleenmarie wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:14 pm
I cannot find the Bible anywhere either. I saw the video and wanted to add it to my library, but I cannot find it.
Laugh . . . I used to be running BibleAnalyzer v5.4.0.50 under Linux Mint v20.2, but trying to answer this question caused my copy of Bible Analyzer to be so entirely corrupted, that I am going to have to delete Bible Analyzer entirely from my system and reinstall from scratch. I successfully used TimeShift to revert my system back to its configuration 24 hours ago, and that did not resolve the problem.

So, do not try to install the 3 modules I installed unless you're ready for the same error. With that warning, here is the location.

Execute Bible Analyzer, and choose the "Download Modules" option in the menubar at the top. Choose the Free Bibles.
KJV-1611-module.png
KJV-1611-module.png (68.87 KiB) Viewed 24462 times
After downloading, I tried to close and restart Bible Analyzer, and that is when it crashed. I am not able to upload the crash report to Tim, so I will file it on another page, here.

You can see that I tried to download and install 3 free modules at the same time. I tried deleting each new module, one at a time, from the ~/Documents/BibleAnalyzer/Bible/ directory, and then tried re-running Bible Analyzer after the deletion, in the hope that I might be able to isolate an offending *.bib file. After deleting all 3 files, and after deleting the "default.nts" file (which also had today's date on its timestamp), Bible Analyzer still crashes with the same error message each time I try to run it.

That error message is off-topic here, but at least now you know where to find this missing file.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

kathleenmarie

Post by kathleenmarie »

I found it! Thanks! I do not know why I could not see it before.

It works in the portable version of Windows. But I think I need to install the fonts and I have not figured out how to do that in the portable version yet.

epement

Post by epement »

kathleenmarie wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:28 am
I think I need to install the fonts and I have not figured out how to do that in the portable version yet.
Aren't you running Linux? Copy TrueType fonts (file extension ends in *.ttf) to ~/.local/share/fonts or to ~/.fonts, where "~" is the $HOME directory.

Copying the font to the correct directory is literally all you have to do to "install" the font to your local user account.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

kathleenmarie

Post by kathleenmarie »

Right now, I am using the portable app version of BA on a machine running Windows with as much stripped out of the Windows as possible.

I might try Mint again. I just picked up Linux in Easy Steps from the library and it uses Mint.