Mac 4.7 Beta

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Mac 4.7 Beta

Post by Tim »

We have a beta of v4.7 for Macintosh ready to test. I believe it is pretty stable, but there still may be some issues. Here it is, http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer472.pkg

This version also has a few new features.

Parallel View will now allow searching words and selections on right-click
Parallel View will now update and scroll to current verse similar to single Bibles
The Show Strong's button position determines if Strong's numbers are visible on text export or verse popups
Replaced the Bible Back Button with a drop-down History List that holds up to 15 previous references
Plus a few other minor fixes and enhancements

Just post any issues here.

Thanks.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Jeffell

Re: Mac 4.7 Beta

Post by Jeffell »

First impressions: Excellent changes.

I choose a minimalist layout. All I need are two windows with no menus. Attached is a screen shot. My layout is saved on exit and returns on restart! Excellent!!

I noticed that when I choose a different commentary from the right corner arrow list, it goes to the commentary after the one I chose. Example: If I chose "Calvin", it goes to "Cambridge", etc.

Overall, so far, wonderful improvements. Many thanks.

jeff
Attachments
Minimal View.jpg
Minimal View.jpg (108.31 KiB) Viewed 15067 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Glad you like it.

The wrong selection is an indexing issue we will fix for the release.

Thanks for the input.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Have a new beta up with the menu indexing fixed. Plus changed the behavior of jumping between windows when one is maximized.

Same link above to download.

Now, in most cases if a panel is maxed, if a click is made on a word, say in the Bible Panel (and the J button in the toolbar is down), instead of going to the default dictionary maxed, it will go out of the maxed state to the normal layout.

This was done because newer users did not know how to navigate around very well and don't always realize what happened when they click on a word.
Tim Morton