In-line search of Topics List

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
JPG

In-line search of Topics List

Post by JPG »

Hi Tim,

Having purchased the 'Dictionary of Bible Themes' I notice a slight deficiency in BA's 'Search Topics List'
Maybe you already thought of this, but searching in-line for matching text as you type would allow you to search for heading words in this useful module.

Jon

Tim
Site Admin

Re: In-line search of Topics List

Post by Tim »

Yes, I hope to update the Topics search method. It will search now but only from the beginning of the topic string. In the case of the DBT, a number. It would be better if it would look for the string within the topic.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

Thanks for considering.

Jon

JPG

Post by JPG »

Tim wrote:Yes, I hope to update the Topics search method. It will search now but only from the beginning of the topic string. In the case of the DBT, a number. It would be better if it would look for the string within the topic.
Hi Tim, did this miss 4.7 I don't see a list drop down as the (Alt+q) box produces, when I type into the Dictionary window topic list box.
Thanks
Jon

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

It is in 4.7, just not as a Suggestion Box.

The Topics List is a fixed list so when typing it will scroll to the nearest hit.

The way it works is it will search the beginning of each topic for the string entered in the Topics Entry. If there are no hits it will search within each topic for a hit.

For instance, with the Dictionary of Bible Themes and the new Exhaustive Library of Bible People, the topics are prefixed with a number like "994-David." If one types "david" in the entry, "994-David" will be selected in the list.

In the case where the entered string may be in an undesired entry, simply put a dash before the string, like "-david."
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

OK, I see, thanks. However it wasn't how I imagined.