Newbie questions

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
rosc

Newbie questions

Post by rosc »

Hi folks

Just come across BA, and have been struggling with getting it running on my (admittedly non-standard) Slackware based system. Mostly trouble getting wxPython working properly, then espeak (wish you'd not force us to use a sound system by default - I had to install espeak, which required python-espeak and portaudio, all of which had their difficulties for me. :(.. )

It's been a difficult installation, but I've finally got it all working (yay :)

Now, I have a problem (boo :)

The pop-up windows for setting up options are too small, and won't allow resizing. So I can't see all the setting options.

2nd, I went in to convert an eSword bible, and now I do not know where BA has saved it? Where's it saving the files? Are there options to tell it where to have them saved?

Also, when I repeated the operation, I could see an error in my terminal window about it ( OperationalError: table bible already exists) and this seemed to hang the converter, but it did not show an error message inside the program, when I closed that converter window my cursor was still stuck with the "clock" pointer indicator meaning it was still in a wait-process for the converter. Small bugs to be hammered out no doubt.

I'll have more questions as I figure things out. So far, very much impressed with BA and thank you immensely for providing a great Linux option from which I can finally ditch the windows-only bible softwares :))))

rosc

Re: Newbie questions

Post by rosc »

Ok I found where the file got put, after re-starting the program I saw my converted bible file and wow there's left-click options to show me where it's at. You've thought of everything, I love it :)

But still need those pop-ups to be resizable so my old eyes can see my giant fonts :)

Thanks! :)

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

We will look into making the Preferences Dialog resizable for Linux.

Thanks for your input.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rosc

Post by rosc »

Thank you, and also a huge thanks, and praise Jesus for your work, for making a Linux / open source bible reader.

May your mission be blessed.

-Cindy

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Its not open source, but it is free.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)