Books Missing

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
revmick56

Books Missing

Post by revmick56 »

Hi all, this is my first post here so hello to everyone.
I have the Mac version and up to now all has been well. I was emailed the latest update which I duly downloaded and ran. Oddly I noticed that two books - Ruth and the Song of Solomon were missing in their entirety. Now - some background - having been an avid user of electronic and digital Bibles for many years I imported - through various publicly available free softwares - various Bibles normally unavailable to BA users - the ESV and several others. These Bibles work perfectly in all respects, and even though the above books are not 'available' from the book 'tree' - they say the usual "Oops! This Chapter Is Not Found. Wrong Testament?" - material from the books appears in "searches" in the right hand panel.
I reverted to previous versions of BA and realised the same thing was happening there too, I just hadn't noticed.
Any suggestions? I checked the bib files in a sql database app and nothing appears unusual in the data or indexing.
Thanks in anticipation,
Rev. Mick

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Books Missing

Post by Tim »

Welcome to the forum.

The Ruth verses should be "Rth 1:1," etc. The three letter abbreviation must be "Rth" in the Sqlite file.
Song of Solomon must be "Son."

Check and see if these are correct.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

revmick56

Re: Books Missing

Post by revmick56 »

Wow - that was quick - and I guess you're spot on - I checked the files (just Ruth for a quick check) and it was "Rut"! I guess not all the utilities work 100% together - but for only two books out of 66 it worked pretty well. It'll take a bit of exporting/editing/importing and re-checking to confirm - but I'll report back in a few days to let you know - hey, a big THANKS!
Rev Mick