OpenSUSE 11.1

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
Signs of Life

OpenSUSE 11.1

Post by Signs of Life »

I am currently using OpenSUSE 11.1 (really great distro, if you haven't already tried it) and notice that only an Ubuntu version is available. How can I use this program for OpenSUSE? Is there an rpm available? Thanks.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: OpenSUSE 11.1

Post by Tim »

No, at present there is not a RPM available, only a debian (.deb) setup file. I may be able to create an RPM in the future, but I only have Ubuntu to test with at the moment.

There is just not enough hours in the day to try all the other Linux distributions. If any one else wants to take this on I will help as much as I can.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Signs of Life

Post by Signs of Life »

Thank you, Tim. I would be willing to help in any way, but am pretty new to Linux.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I converted an .RPM from the .DEB file using alien. I have no way to test it since I use only Ubuntu, but here is the link for anyone who wishes to test it.

http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/files/bibl ... 2.i386.rpm
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)