Copy and Paste

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
Gary

Copy and Paste

Post by Gary »

How do you copy and paste a bible verse or range of bible verses to the clip board? I use the Export/Copy verse(s) to clip board but when I go to paste it in an email or text file there is nothing in the clip board.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Copy and Paste

Post by Tim »

That should copy to the clipboard. Exporting a verse or range on right-click in the Bible Panel copies to the clipboard as well, or it should. Let me know if that doesn't either.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Gary

Post by Gary »

I just tried Copy to File and Copy to S-pad and that works fine but not copy to clip board.

I also select a Bible verse in the Bible panel right click and select copy selection but nothing goes tot the clip board

Gary

Post by Gary »

Tim,

Any idea as to why it will not copy to clip baord?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Probably a conflict somewhere. I will try to sort it out and post an update by next weekend.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Gary

Post by Gary »

Thanks

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

For waht it is worth, I cannot reproduce this. I right click in the Bible pane and select a range with export, and it pastes properly to email, text editor, as well as the S-Pad.

Gary

Post by Gary »

Brother Mike,

Thanks for your input-- for what you say and from some experimenting with other Linux native Bible Software the problem seems to be in all the Linux Bible Software-- I use theWord also which is windows program under Wine and I can copy and paste fine with that. I can also copy and paste with any other Linux software but not the Bible programs. So I am clueless as to the cause.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

I think I may have mis-read your issue. I CAN copy and paste by selecting a vers and then doing a right-click to get a menu.

If I do a File (menu) => Copy / Export verses, and copy to clipboard, this does NOT work. I usually do not use the menu bar items, so I did not see this before. Try the right-click and see if that works.

Gary

Post by Gary »

I tried that-- it will not copy to clipboad.