Linux/Ubuntu 4.5 Beta

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Brother Mike

Re: Linux/Ubuntu 4.5 Beta

Post by Brother Mike »

Tim wrote:I'll check on the User Manual. It works on my Ubuntu install but it may be from a previous install. I thought it was in the beta .deb, but maybe not.
I found it in /usr/share/doc/bibleanalyzer/manual. I move the manual directory to mu /home/mjones and nit works fine. It is for 4.5
Tim wrote:Concerning the Parallel, some texts are excluded such as those with Strong's and non-English, just because it got the Parallel table uneven. I will probably include them with the release since one can now select the texts they want in a session and have only those display in the Parallel table.
Yes. Makes sense.
Tim wrote:The Carpenter has a new website, http://www.kjvtruth.com.
I will have to check it out. Thanks

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Mike,

As I noted previously (the thread is getting long), the Dual Bible does not work. I've never tried it in earlier versions.

PS -- no, the multi-window does not resize. Anyway, the problem is the main text window has to be resized to get it out of the way.

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Tim wrote: since one can now select the texts they want in a session and have only those display in the Parallel table.
Fantastic! So then one does not have to move bibles in and out of the bible folder to set up a particular parallel viewing. Is that feature in the Beta now, or is it coming?

Of course, one does have to rename files to set the order of appearance in the parallel. Maybe, one day a feature can be added to set this from the software.

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

BTW, when I first installed the Beta, I got the non-stop scrolling problem with erratic screen brightness all the time. Now, I almost never get it. :?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Right-click on a Bible tab and select "Open Session Manager." You can select any Bibles (plus Cmts, Dcts, Books) for a particular session and BA will update instantly.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

MPaul wrote:Mike,

As I noted previously (the thread is getting long), the Dual Bible does not work. I've never tried it in earlier versions.

PS -- no, the multi-window does not resize. Anyway, the problem is the main text window has to be resized to get it out of the way.
Strange. Both seem to be working as described in the manual.

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Brother Mike wrote:

Well, I don't have a manual, so maybe, I'm doing something wrong. If I click the Dual Bible icon, a screen comes up, and I pick two bibles. Nothing happens. There is a button, sync chapters, and a button, hide -- but they don't do anything to create a dual view. So how does it work?

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

MPaul wrote:
Brother Mike wrote:

Well, I don't have a manual, so maybe, I'm doing something wrong. If I click the Dual Bible icon, a screen comes up, and I pick two bibles. Nothing happens. There is a button, sync chapters, and a button, hide -- but they don't do anything to create a dual view. So how does it work?
Check my first post on this page 8 regarding the manual.

When you do what you describe, a Bible should be in the Bible pane and your other selected Bible should be in the "Books / Articles" pane, under a tab called "Dual". When you scrool that Bible, the Bible pane should follow "sync" with it.

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

OK, I'll try a reduced sized screen shot and see what happens. This little window, appearing in the screen shot is all I get, and it does not do anything.

I think you are telling me I can move the manual file, and then I will have it. Hmm... I might give that a try.
Attachments
Dual.png
Dual.png (67.59 KiB) Viewed 24504 times

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

MPaul wrote:OK, I'll try a reduced sized screen shot and see what happens. This little window, appearing in the screen shot is all I get, and it does not do anything.

I think you are telling me I can move the manual file, and then I will have it. Hmm... I might give that a try.
The small window is ony the configuration window. The Bible you select in the left hand column displays in the Bible pane on the left. The Bible you select in the right hand column displays in the Books pane on the right.

Select you two versions, the verses you want and then hide the small window. The 2 Bibles should not display. If you hit the sync button, they will stay in sync as you scroll the left Bible.

You can either move the manual directory to your home directory, or just point your web browser to that directory and select the index.html file and the manual should display.