How to...

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
Brother Mike

How to...

Post by Brother Mike »

Hello to all and God bless

I am new to Bible Analyzer and this forums as well.

So, where does one start to learn how to produce modules for Bible Analyzer?

Tim
Site Admin

Re: How to...

Post by Tim »

There are a couple ways. If you are familiar with the open source SQLite database format you can open a module and see how it is put together and just copy the format.

Also, I am working on a utility to convert properly formatted text files into Bible Analyzer modules.

Are you interested in making a module from scratch or trying to convert one from another format?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Most likely, to begin with, start from scratch

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

OK. Will it be a Bible, Dictionary, Commentary, or book? There are slight differences in the format (in fact, the books are merely slightly modified html files).

Let me know and I will show you the format the text file must be in. Once you have it ready I will post a utility that will convert it to SQLite/Bible Analyzer format.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Most likely books and / or commentaries to start. I will want to see what is all in with my full install when it gets here.

I was just mainly looking for some documentation on text file formats right now, to get a head start. I think there was a section in the Bible Analyzer docs I stumbled across, but I think the page was empty.

For now, whatever info you want or are able to pass along would be good.