Linux/Ubuntu 4.5 Beta

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Brother Mike

Re: Linux/Ubuntu 4.5 Beta

Post by Brother Mike »

Answered my question too. I was going to go and test at home tonight as well. I know i was searching at home the other day, but was not in parallel mode. Did not piece that together. :D

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

There is nothing wrong with the text reader. What I thought was goble-gook actually turned out to be the language of Bosnia. For some reason the software switched languages. I put it back to English. Sorry.

I will buy the bundle soon and let you know how it goes.

<<<When the Parallel tab is viewed in the Bible window a search cannot be done because no single text is the current text. To search multiple Bibles you need to go to Advanced Search in MCP and select "Search Multiple Bibles.">>>

I'm not sure what you mean here. I think you are just saying the quick reference go to window does not work for specifying a new verse location, but it can be done in Advanced Search. OK

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Tim,
To buy the bundle, I think I have to log into my account first. But I typed in the e-mail and password three times and authentication failed. Hmm... do I create a new account now, or ask for a new password?
Paul

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I changed a setting at the store. Try it again and see if you can log in. If you can't just try creating a new account.

Sorry for the problem.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

I notice that there is a setting for an Old English font to be used for the AV-1611 module. I do not seem to have one, is that something we can get?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

There should be two fonts in the exe. Look at it with Archive Manager and see. If not, I can post a link.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Yep. Got them. Looks much better ;)

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Tim, I had to get a new password. The passwords use both upper and lower case letters. So I think that was the problem, as I had printed my password, and I probably did not properly distinguish the cases.

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

OK, I downloaded the bundle, but I cannot get it installed.

It will not extract in Ubuntu. A screen comes up saying either a zip file is not a zip file, or something about a multi-file directory. This happened to me with the Pickering New Testament. So I went to Windows and extracted it, copied it to a flash drive, and then copied it to Ubuntu. I cannot remember if then, Windows just did a simple extract, or if that install screen came up, but I had the files on the Desktop.

So I went to Windows 7 with the new bundle, and there was no extract menu item, so I had to use the install. I installed it to the Desktop, but nothing shows. Nothing shows up with a BA search. So I installed it to the flash drive, but nothing shows. I do not have the BA program in my Windows 7 partition, as I just do not want to use it there. However, I have some computers at home with Windows XP, and maybe, I could extract it there, and I believe I have an old version of BA on those partitions.

Well, I still will not say anything about using the computer when Windows is involved, so that I can keep my Christian attitude in life. But that is why I went to Linux.

PS -- Oh, but when I did the Pickering NT, I downloaded in Windows. This time I downloaded in Ubuntu. Hmm... I could try the download in Windows 7, but where I'm at now, I cannot figure out how to get connected to the internet in Windows -- nothing ever works with that OS. Hmm... I'll try it one more time.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Try this:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install p7zip-full rar arj lha
This will allow the archive manager to see more compressed file types. You should then be able to go into an .exe module file.

Put the module file in your ~/Documents/modules folder and you should see it. BA won't see it on your desktop.