Re-downloading Modules

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
NormJ

Re-downloading Modules

Post by NormJ »

Hi Tim,

I just loaded Bible Analyzer onto Crossover Office on Linux, and it is working fine. How can I go about downloading all the premium modules I have already purchased onto my new Bible Analyzer?

God bless you and your work,
Norm
Norm J

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2Ti 2:15 AV

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Re-downloading Modules

Post by Tim »

I'm not sure how crossover works, I've never used it, but if it is a Windows emulator on Linux then you would just copy the modules into the Modules folder used by Bible Analyzer in crossover. You can find it by running Bible Analyzer and open Tools/Display Primary Modules Folder in the menu. Just place the modules under that folder. It may be that the modules setup files you downloaded will run in the crossover environment also and install them.

If you have the modules also installed on a Windows system, you could copy the modules from there to the Crossover Modules folder.

Sorry I couldn't be more help on this.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

NormJ

Post by NormJ »

Thanks, Tim.

That's essentially what I did after I thought it over. Not being a computer illiterate, I found it quite easy.
Crossover is not Windows emulator as such, but it does make reverse engineered versions of all the critical code from Windows. So all (or most, anyway) Windows software will run under Crossover. Wine is the open-source version of Crossover, but is not quite as good as Crossover, in my opinion.

Thanks again. Your program is awesome.

I'm working on a couple of modules. If I ever get finished, I'll send you copies.

Norm
Norm J

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2Ti 2:15 AV

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Glad you got them installed.

Yes, send your modules along.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)