Older modules

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
Brother Mike

Older modules

Post by Brother Mike »

Hello Bro. Tim

It has been a while since I have used the Linux version of Bible Analyzer. I have an old (3.6, I believe) CD. I have downloaded 4.1. Are the older modules compatible? Is there a conversion process?

Thanks
Bro. Mike

Brother Mike

Re: Older modules

Post by Brother Mike »

Been looking around the board a bit more. I may have found my fix (sudo bibleanalyzer). I see m to have the same splash screen and crashing scenario. I'll test tonight.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

I did not get a chance to test it out, but I downloaded some modules earlier today and tested those on my train ride home. That worked for them.

A difference I see is that the books on my 3.6 CD are HTML and the 4.1 books are .bk files. Is there a way to convert these?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Yes, you can convert them from the Tools/Convert 3.7 And Earlier Texts entry in the main menu. Or email me and I'll send you links to download the .bk files.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

I do not seem to have that option under Main/Tools. The only options are: Module Creation Tools and Export Notes.

Let's see if we can get this working, if not, I'll just download per your offer above.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Yes, that's true for the Linux version. I forgot.

You can convert them with a Windows version, if you have one installed, and then copy then to Linux. Or just email me and I'll send you the links.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)