Verse notes disappear sometimes

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
foksi

Verse notes disappear sometimes

Post by foksi »

Hi
First want to say this is a excellent program , I have it now for 1 month and I have create my own Bible with notes in , I have create user notes , add images to the image gallery , and I want to do some more .
Just want to know , when I make notes about certain bible verse in the "Commentary " notes window , it sometimes disappears , for instance after I have made the note and move to another verse , and then came back to the verse where I have made the note , it is not there (Using the same Bible ). It seems to help if after I have made the note to enter a few times , then the note is saved . My Pc details is as follows, XP home sp3
But other wise no problem at all

thanks

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Verse notes disappear sometimes

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the kind words.

If you can describe the exact sequence you use to reproduce the issue, it will help greatly.

For instance from a fresh start of Bible Analyzer what are the minimum steps needed to cause the notes to not display after you type them in.

If you open Bible Analyzer, type some notes, how are you moving to another a reference? By clicking in the Bible window on a verse, clicking on a verse/chapter/book button, etc.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

foksi

Post by foksi »

HI Tom
Sorry I that I only came back now , I have found my problem , when I type the note I do not check if I am at the chapter or book note, When I go to the vers note I do not find the note but if I look it is at the chapter or book note. Now I make sure I am at the vers it self before tipping the note.

I would appreciate your help with this problem. I am busy creating a Bible Module (Afrikaans) with my special notes in it . After I have done a few chapter of the Bible I create it with Bible Analyzer module creator just to check if it is OK . This I do on my laptop with win 7 as operating system , I just copy that file to my desktop with Xp home sp3 to view it in Bible Analyzer . All text on my laptop of this created bible module is correct but on my desktop there are little squares , where a comma should be . I have tried to change fonts on the desktop PC but no luck . Attached is a screenshot .
screenshot
screenshot
screenshot.jpg (95.69 KiB) Viewed 13119 times
thanks

peter

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

It appears the blocks are caused by using the wrong text encoding when the text is copied and pasted. This text has characters beyond the standard 128 character ASCII range so it must be encoded into UTF-8 to include them. This can be done with a text editor such as Notepad++.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

foksi

Post by foksi »

Hi Tim

Thanks problem solved