KJ2000

Topics of Interest other than Bible Analyzer
Atlas

Re: KJ2000

Post by Atlas »

MPaul wrote:
Atlas wrote:MPaul,

Here is an interesting question for you my friend. What is your final authority? Is the Bible or Bibles in you hand your final authority? Is any translation your final authority? Is the Greek and Hebrew your final authority? This is the only question that matters for a Christian when you think about it.

Atlas
You go first. What is your final authority?

Mpaul,

I do not play the question for question game. This works like a game of tennis. I just hit you the ball. Tell me what your final authority is, then I'll be more than happy to tell you what my final authority is and why. I think this is the only right way to talk about any topic. Not trying to offend you so please do not take this the wrong way my friend. I ask you first so I think you should tell me then I will be more than happy to tell you MPaul and tell you my friend. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Atlas
John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Atlas wrote: Mpaul,

I do not play the question for question game. This works like a game of tennis. I just hit you the ball. Tell me what your final authority is, then I'll be more than happy to tell you what my final authority is and why. I think this is the only right way to talk about any topic. Not trying to offend you so please do not take this the wrong way my friend. I ask you first so I think you should tell me then I will be more than happy to tell you MPaul and tell you my friend. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Atlas

No, I did not think you were playing a question for question game. However, the nature of your question in the overall context of the thread, and the response you have made as quoted, does leave a question open – what game are you playing? It might not actually be tennis, and a tennis game very much actually is not the only right way to discuss any topic. But for some reason you cannot just state what you want to get at – you need a question lead-in. And that is all the more mysterious, inasmuch as the answer you seek from me should be discernible from the posting I have already made in the thread. Of course, you do not want me to take it the wrong way, or to be offended. It is just that I have to understand that the point of any topic cannot be expressed in simple terms and immediately brought into the open

Uhhhh.... No thank you. I'll keep my focus in this forum primarily on the software.

Atlas

Post by Atlas »

MPaul,

No, I did not think you were playing a question for question game. However, the nature of your question in the overall context of the thread, and the response you have made as quoted, does leave a question open – what game are you playing? It might not actually be tennis, and a tennis game very much actually is not the only right way to discuss any topic. But for some reason you cannot just state what you want to get at – you need a question lead-in. And that is all the more mysterious, inasmuch as the answer you seek from me should be discernible from the posting I have already made in the thread. Of course, you do not want me to take it the wrong way, or to be offended. It is just that I have to understand that the point of any topic cannot be expressed in simple terms and immediately brought into the open

Uhhhh.... No thank you. I'll keep my focus in this forum primarily on the software.

Many people have different things that are their final authority. A few examples are, a Greek lexicon, Bible commentary, Strong's Concordance, Young's Concordance, Bible software many different translations or even some other mens ideas. Many people will use Bible tools to correct the Bile in their hand. I for one have the AV, KJV or KJB it have many different names as we all know. It is my one and only final authority in all matters of faith and practice. If a Strong's Concordance, Young's Concordance, a Greek or Hebrew lexicon dose not agree with the AV, I go with what the AV says over any Bible study tool or other peoples ideas. That was my point. What is your final authority? That is what I mean by this question. I am not playing a game my friend. I just used the game of tennis to say I ask you a question and you tell me what you think and then I'll be more than happy to do the same thing for you. This way it is fair and we both get to tell each other what and why we think as we do.

The question I ask you was to find out what is your final authority. It's just many people do not have one set objective final authority in today's world. I just wondered where you stand on the issue. I'm not a good writer my friend and sometimes come across as rude when I write. That is not my intention. I'm really a nice guy. Everyone that knows me in person likes me because I try to be nice as I can be. On the net I do not come off like the person that I am in real life because of my poor writing skills. I'm just not a word man, I'm a numbers and math man. That is why I'm a Financial Planner and not a writer. We all have our own strengths and weakness when it come to natural ability, and I am very bad with the written word. God gives all of us gifts, and we all have great God given abilities. I can read and understand what I read like the wind, I can play seven musical interments and I am a math machine, but I am a horrid writer at best. So I do fully apologize if my question was a poorly written question. That all being said I told you what my final authority is, and will be more than happy to tell you why. I was just wondering what you use for your final authority. I'd also like to add this. I ask the question with the hope helping you if I could not to start an argument. I love to help people, and help good folks for a living. It was my hope that you and I could talk about this issue and my hope was to help you if I could. That is what we all as children of God are supposed to do in life is help each other. Have a good night my friend.

Atlas

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

As I indicated in the thread, I take the traditional Protestant position on what is final authority – the Word of God. However, that includes the Reformational consideration of how the canon is established and the role of conscience in bible interpretation.

I am a defender of the KJV, on the basis that it is the most highly anointed and most accurate English bible and that it retains the power of the Word of God, even in the same sense of being a “gold box event;” or that is, as Scripture was originally stored in the Ark of the Covenant, (Deuteronomy 31:9; Joshua 24:25,26; I Samuel 10:25; II Chronicles 34:14; 35:3), being at the center of the Hebrew camp, guiding the journey of the people, separating the waters of the Jordan River that enabled entrance to the Holy Land, leading the Hebrew armies in battle, and scattering their enemies.

I have posted elsewhere recently, and in the past, defenses of the KJV, which included noting the frequent dishonesty of modern scholars in upholding the Critical Text and the modern translations. In that posting I point out the difference between the scholarship of Jesus and that of the Pharisees. I agree with Fundamentalists, that these new positions arose out of Modernism. However, I have also debated them on other aspects of their views on the KJV – primarily in regard to how their position relates to the Protestant method of establishing the canon.

However, I do not believe I would like to debate positions at the Bible Analyzer support forum. I post here as a friend, and debates do often result in a lack of a sense of friendliness. Still, to some extent, the acknowledgement of differing positions is proper and even impossible to avoid.

Atlas

Post by Atlas »

Mpaul,
MPaul wrote:As I indicated in the thread, I take the traditional Protestant position on what is final authority – the Word of God. However, that includes the Reformational consideration of how the canon is established and the role of conscience in bible interpretation.

I am a defender of the KJV, on the basis that it is the most highly anointed and most accurate English bible and that it retains the power of the Word of God, even in the same sense of being a “gold box event;” or that is, as Scripture was originally stored in the Ark of the Covenant, (Deuteronomy 31:9; Joshua 24:25,26; I Samuel 10:25; II Chronicles 34:14; 35:3), being at the center of the Hebrew camp, guiding the journey of the people, separating the waters of the Jordan River that enabled entrance to the Holy Land, leading the Hebrew armies in battle, and scattering their enemies.

I have posted elsewhere recently, and in the past, defenses of the KJV, which included noting the frequent dishonesty of modern scholars in upholding the Critical Text and the modern translations. In that posting I point out the difference between the scholarship of Jesus and that of the Pharisees. I agree with Fundamentalists, that these new positions arose out of Modernism. However, I have also debated them on other aspects of their views on the KJV – primarily in regard to how their position relates to the Protestant method of establishing the canon.

However, I do not believe I would like to debate positions at the Bible Analyzer support forum. I post here as a friend, and debates do often result in a lack of a sense of friendliness. Still, to some extent, the acknowledgement of differing positions is proper and even impossible to avoid.

That is fine my friend. I just wish you would have defined what is " the Word of God. " Because many people call the " Word of God many different things. That being said my friend I'll drop the issue. I base everything I believe on the Bible I have in my hand and can prove every thing via what the Bible says about the issue at hand. Like how dose God feel about the "originals ?" There is only one place in the Bible that deals with the original issue, that is all I have found to date is one. Yet there are thirty examples ( that is all I have found to date, there might be more but I have found thirty so far ) of how translation can be inspired and is inspired in the Bible itself, and the Bible even proves that over and over. Many have no idea what the Bible says about translation being inspired. Our issue is this my friend. You believe " it retains the power of the Word of God. " I believe it is the Word of God for all of the English speaking people of the world.

So we do not start from the same base. I would however like to hear " the traditional Protestant position on what is final authority – the Word of God. " I have never heard what it is or why, and I might learn something I did not know. That is always a good thing my friend and I'd love for you to tell me about it. I'd also be happy to share with you the information about The originals and what the Bible says about translation be inspired. It is kind of interesting and you might learn something you might not know. There is never anything wrong with trading knowledge my friend. Helping each other is what we should all do when we can. I'm always about trading, I trade stocks and bonds all day, why not trade a little Bible knowledge. Stocks and bonds are only temporary, knowledge of God and his word last forever.

Atlas

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Atlas,

I am not interested at all in discussing the issues you raise.

Paul

PS -- After I made this post, I went to the forum where I last debated the issue you raise and looked at the posts again. Now, I can say most definitely, I am not interested in the discussion here.

gregvernel

Post by gregvernel »

Thanks for sharing the information. I was looking for this huge stuff.

bseindia | Johannesburg share trading | forex trading in india