First, Tim I really like the Linux version of BA. It's fast and relatively easy to use. I have pulled in a number of XML Bibles and that has gone very smooth. I am working on converting some of my book and dictionary modules - that is very slow!
I have used theWord electronic Bible for a number of years, but running under wine it has some issues - which lead to my search and finding BA. Overall I am pleased and will probably end up using it for most of my needs.ISSUES
Now the issues, which I know you will get taken care of (and I think as more people come to know BA and Linux your usage numbers are going to climb!). I also want to point that the following issues are with the Linux version - everything appears to play cleanly on the Windows side. AND none of them are "show stoppers" in my opinion.
1. Quick Find does not work depending whether the selected Bible contains the word! When using the AVp and entering "giants" and pressing Enter it crashes and does not give any usage information. But if I use the AVs and do same search it returns usage info. It may just be a matter of returning appropriate messages and not the failure msg box?
2. Session Manager. When you attempt renaming a session and pressing the Load/Save button it crashes
3. Master Control Panel. Advanced Search crashes on most of the options IF the selected Bible does not contain the words being searched for, as in number 1 above.
"Specific Individuals (AVp)" appears to have some serious problems, crashing and not returning results.
I think most issues here may relate to too tight of search parameters and the returned message. For example, if I search for "Word/Strong's #", using AVs, and enter "Jesus" it returns a LOT of hits where Jesus is Strong's G2424. But if enter "Jesus[G2424]" it returns 0 hits. Interesting huh?
Concerning searching for Jesus in the AVp (where Mat 1:1 contains "Jesus Christ") it almost looks like multi-word pronouns are joined by something other than a space?Like to Haves
(1) I write all my sermons or messages that I publish on my website within the Bible program I use. In theWord it is in the Book modules where you can write anything and it automatically becomes a book with the program. I am assuming I could do similar with either S-Pad or Notes. I do find either one "painful" in BA. (1) the data I enter does not automatically become a book (2) any scriptures entered do not become versified without my entering a specific set of characters before and after each verse (3) I can turn notes into a commentary fairly easy but not into a book. I would love to see this area taken beyond where it is now!
(2) I would really like to be able to search a range of Bibles and not just the current one. Am I missing something here or is it not implemented yet? I would like the same functionality as the Libraries Search where I can check the modules I want searched.
(3) It would be really cool to have Strong's numbers hidden, so all you have to do is mouse over a word or click the word and have it show in the dictionary. I realize this might take a bit of work, but I can tell you it is REALLY cool! Been using it for quite a while in theWord.
Have a blessed evening Tim. As a final thing you are doing a REALLY good job with BA and I like where it is going. Sadly users are very rarely satisfied, huh?