Ubuntu Studio 15.10

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
Tim
Site Admin

Re: Ubuntu Studio 15.10

Post by Tim »

This is still a permissions issue. It is trying to write the indexes and can't get permission.

Are the modules under your Documents/BibleAnalyzer folder? They should be writable there by default. If not it needs to be.

Or try running Bible Analyzer from Terminal as sudo

sudo
bibleanalyzer
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Fascinating! It was a permissions issue, both in Document/BibleAnalyzer, Documents/BibleAnalyzer/modules and .config/bibleanalyzer. I now have v5 running, and will now put it through its paces. I have been using theWord (www.theWord.net) for a LONG time. It runs fine as a windows app under Wine, but apparently doesn't release something in wine when closing. So I went looking for a Linux bible program and found BA. Looks promising. Thanks for your help Tim!

Oh one question while I have you on the line. Does BA work with lemmas or just Strongs?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Just with the Strong's numbers for now.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Thanks Tim. Just out of curiosity - are you planning on expanding to lemmas?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Not in the short term, but possibly in the future. I have not received hardly any requests for it.
Tim Morton