Bible Analyzer fails to load

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
jeffneedle

Re: Bible Analyzer fails to load

Post by jeffneedle »

Re: installing PIL.

Nothing in the repositories for either PIL or python-PIL. It seems you need to compile the package yourself. Will this be fixed in the next beta? Should I just wait until it's ready? Thanks.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

What distro of Linux are you running? It may also be that subprocess can't find a tmp file.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

MyWereld

Post by MyWereld »

I'm running Arch Linux.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

jeffneedle,

After looking it up I now remember in Linux it is called imaging. Try this,
sudo apt-get install python-imaging

MyWereld,

Since you have the subprocess module, it seems BA can't find the index generator file to build the index for the ASV. Try moving the asv.bib file somewhere other than under the /modules folder and see if Bible Analyzer will start. The AV has a prebuilt index but the ASV doesn't for testing purposes like this.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

jeffneedle

Post by jeffneedle »

Nothing I try will allow the new version for Linux to load. Is someone addressing this? I'd love to re-download the app and have all the new features. Thank you.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Did you try installing python-imaging? Are you still getting the same error, "No module named PIL"?
Tim Morton

jeffneedle

Post by jeffneedle »

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

jeffneedle

Post by jeffneedle »

Okay, new problem. Bible Analyzer tries to start, and then I get an error message "Word lists need to be made for newly entered Bibles" or something like that, and it asks for a password. What's going on here?

Here's the terminal output. Python2, and the service you mentioned in an earlier post (can't see it right now) are all installed. Thanks.

************ Starting Bible Analyzer *************
/usr/bin App dir
/home/jeff/Documents/BibleAnalyzer home user folder
/opt/bibleanalyzer all users
/home/jeff/Documents/BibleAnalyzer docs modules folder
/home/jeff/.config/bibleanalyzer user
/opt/bibleanalyzer/modules/bible/asv.bib needs new word list
TTS is loaded
config else
excepthook

*** Sat Jan 25 06:58:38 2014 ***
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/ba-run.py", line 6, in <module>
app = analyzer4.MyApp()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 7981, in __init__
self._BootstrapApp()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 7555, in _BootstrapApp
return _core_.PyApp__BootstrapApp(*args, **kwargs)
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/bibleanalyzer-4.8.zip/analyzer4.py", line 6918, in OnInit
self.ShowMain()
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/bibleanalyzer-4.8.zip/analyzer4.py", line 6922, in ShowMain
BAnalyzer = BibleAnalyzer(None, "Bible Analyzer 4")
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/bibleanalyzer-4.8.zip/analyzer4.py", line 496, in __init__
self.FlagCmtTabs(self.currentRef)
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/bibleanalyzer-4.8.zip/analyzer4.py", line 2920, in FlagCmtTabs
self.FlagNotes(verse)
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/bibleanalyzer-4.8.zip/analyzer4.py", line 2892, in FlagNotes
cur.execute('SELECT comment FROM commentary WHERE ref = ?', (ref,))
OperationalError: no such table: commentary

jeffneedle

Post by jeffneedle »

Python-imaging is what I couldn't think of in my previous post. It is installed.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Bible Analyzer needs to generate word lists for the suggestion box for any Bibles without them. This should only happen once per Bible. The ASV is without a word list as a test. Since the file is under /opt it needs root access to create them.

The error looks like your notes.usr file may be corrupted in your /HOME/Bible Analyzer user folder. If you do not have any notes just delete the file and Bible Analyzer will make a new one. If you do have notes, try moving the file somewhere else and let BA make a new one as it starts.
Tim Morton