4.7 not working in Ubuntu CE

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
Olsbyn

4.7 not working in Ubuntu CE

Post by Olsbyn »

Seems there are more reports of this problem, this is basicly the same, but a little different.
First of all, BA 4.7 does not start.
This is what I have tried, and the results: The first time I downloaded it from the software center and it didn`t work, so I went to this page and downloaded an older version, I tried to start it but got an error in the terminal stating something like "errorOS2", but it was there, probably just not compatible, so I opened up the terminal and sudo apt-get update, then sudo apt-get upgrade, it shows BA needs to update, I click yes and it updates, THEN, when I try clicking the icon nothing happens, I open terminal and try to start it from there, nothing happens, no error message, just nothing. So my next step is to find out where it is located, so I type "whereis bibleanalyzer" and it comes out blank.
I don` t know what could have happened or how to solve it, hopefully I can get some help in here :)
I am running Ubuntu CE 12.04 64 bit, it is fully updated, I have disabled Dansguardian, so that`s not what is interfering

Tim
Site Admin

Re: 4.7 not working in Ubuntu CE

Post by Tim »

BA is installed in the /opt folder. You can try running it in Terminal by typing
sudo bibleanalyzer

I don't know what is different about the CE edition of Ubuntu. The output from Terminal may help determine the reason it fails to start.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Olsbyn

Post by Olsbyn »

That`s one of the problems, it seems it is just not there after I updated, there is nothing in the opt folder, and the output from the terminal comes back blank, almost as if it was never installed.. could there be a dependensy problem ?
Basicly there is no difference between regular Ubuntu and Ubuntu CE, only the CE version comes with a lot of christian programs pre-installed, and it`s a lot safer since it uses dansguardian working together with ClamAv and a firewall, these are however disabled on my system.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

If the opt folder is empty BA is not installed. Try downloading it from the software center again or from our website.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Olsbyn

Post by Olsbyn »

I tried downloading again, same problem, the files must be there somewhere, just not where they are supposed to be, I get the same result wether I download from your website, downloadcenter or via terminal. My guess would be there is a update needed from ubuntu to make it install right..