Question about pop-up boxes

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
jeffneedle

Question about pop-up boxes

Post by jeffneedle »

I'm not sure if I've asked this before. Sorry for my senility.

I'm using 4.6.5.15. I have the Bible window open to the left and the Library window open to the right. I click on a verse in the Bible window, and available resources open in the right window. When I hover over one of the entries in the resources in the Library window, I get a pop-up window that has the message "Click to view entire text." How do I move the mouse cursor to the pop-up box so that I can view the entire text? When I move the mouse cursor toward the pop-up box, the box disappears. I've tried holding down the alt, ctrl and shift keys, but nothing makes the pop-up box persist.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Question about pop-up boxes

Post by Tim »

You just click where you are at...over the link. As you found, it is not possible to get the cursor over the popup.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

jeffneedle

Post by jeffneedle »

Sorry, I'm a bit dense.

An example: I'm at Matthew 24:1. Under Library, I see "Naves" indicated, and under Naves, "Temple." When I hover over the word Temple, I get the pop-up box. I want to display the entire contents of the pop-up box. There is a message at the bottom of the pop-up box that reads "Click to view entire text." Click where? I click where I am, but nothing happens. If I move the cursor, the box disappears. I'm a bit unclear what you mean by click where you are. Clicking where I am does nothing to "view entire text."

Sorry for my slowness.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

When you click the link, the window containing the tab of the title, in your case the Dictionary Window since Naves is a dictionary, will update to the topic clicked. In your case Temple. If you are in the default layout where all four panels are visible, you should see the window change. If the window is hidden, or not visible, you won't see any change unless you go to that window. In this case click the D button on the toolbar.

With the coming v4.7 we have it so the click will cause the window to display even if hidden in most cases.

I hope these few words help.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

jeffneedle

Post by jeffneedle »

Oh my! Yes, the problem was that I didn't have the proper window already opened. I loaded the default layout, and it worked perfectly!

Many, many thanks, good sir. I am profoundly grateful.