Bible Analyzer 4.6 in Ubuntu Software Center

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
nymusicman

Re: Bible Analyzer 4.6 in Ubuntu Software Center

Post by nymusicman »

You may want to get rid of the mouse requirement. I can "buy anyway", but Ubuntu doesn't see laptop trackpads as mice and it could confuse non-technical laptop users.

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

Awesome, I was able to leave a review. Okay everybody, come join me now. Let's five star this software for all we can!

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the review.

I just saw Bible Analyzer was on the Home page of the Software Center. It will probably be bumped off soon.

It has been downloaded 13 times in 24 hours. Well...that's a start.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

OK... so to do a review, I have to uninstall BA, and then install from the software center. But if I uninstall, then I remove all my modules. And if I reinstall, then I cannot install my paid modules, like K&D or the Greek bible, because they are .bib and .cmt, and now the modules can only be installed with .run files. Or so that is my impression due to what was said in the Beta thread. So in other words I cannot do a review... but I have another computer I could uninstall and reinstall, but I just put the thing away. Hmm... maybe, I can get it out again eventually.

People who already installed Ubuntu with all the programs they wanted are not now going to do another search for bible programs. Until they know BA has been added, they are not going to find out on their own. So, the word has to get out.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Copy your modules directory and then uninstall. Copy it back after you do the re-install. There is nothing magical in the modules. No copy protection. You can copy them back and forth all day long if you wish.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

People who already installed Ubuntu with all the programs they wanted are not now going to do another search for bible programs.
Yes, but the people who don't will search. Believe me, installs are not static and people search for new things all the time. All they have to do is a search on Bible and there it will be. People do not just install an OS, install some software and then never go seeking things out again. That is how I find out about lots of things. But, you could always write a review for Full Circle magazine or other publication or web site.

*** Edit to fix quote
Last edited by Brother Mike on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Well, I went to File System, USR, Share, Bible Analyzer and copied the Modules folder. I pasted it into Ubuntu One. That much worked fine.

However, on going back to the Bible Analyzer folder, I found there was no past option. I think one has to be root to do that.

So as far as I can understand, the suggested solution does not work.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Yes, one has to be root. There should be a way to run the file manager as root. I use Xubuntu/xfce so my way may not work for you.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Please try to keep us abreast of the download stats, unless we can access. I would be interested in hearing how it is going.

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Brother Mike wrote:Yes, one has to be root. There should be a way to run the file manager as root. I use Xubuntu/xfce so my way may not work for you.
Well, with the last Beta testing, we used sudo commands in the terminal to move things. However, when I mentioned that in this thread, and asked what the commands look like, I think the response more or less was that we can't use the terminal to move now. It has something to do with .run. So I don't know.... but I think there is always a way to move stuff with the terminal in Linux. ---- .run is nice, but I wish moving by terminal was not eliminated.