Any help on this would be appreciated.
After upgrading to the linux version 4.5 my paid commentary modules (Clarence Larkin, Companion Bible and a couple others) will only open if:
1) I install them into the usr/share/bibleanalyzer/modules folder, and
2) If I run BibleAnalyzer as root (in Ubuntu 12.04, from terminal - "sudo BibleAnalyzer").
This is not just for the first time. Whenever I open the program normally, I cannot see those modules (whereas I can see the Bible modules that have been copied into the same folder.
I tried putting them into the HOME/Documents/BibleAnalyzer folder, and the HOME/.Bibleanalyzer folder (not simultaneously), but to no avail.
I have tried deleting the config4.ini files and anyother file I could think of to see if that helped. I also deleted them from /usr/share/bibleanalyzer/... before placing them into the ~/Documents/BibleAnalyzer folder and tried that. I have completely removed the application and reinstalled. Nothing is fixing the issue.
When I run BibleAnalyzer as root, if I try to export S-pad notes as a file, the resulting file is available only to root, which means an extra step to change the permissions of that file before I can copy/paste its contents into my end document for lesson preparation.
Update: Since I first wrote the above, I have doubled checked, and the only difference with permissions between the modules that work without running as root, and those that do not, was that the box was not checked to allow to execute as a program. I checked that box and tried again, still no success.
In other words, it seems to me that all modules have the same permissions.